how do you .flac'ers handle id3 tags?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you .flac'ers handle id3 tags?

I'm looking into converting my library to .flac but all the current songs i have encoded that way do not have any ID3 tag info. Is it even possible to have the tag info in this type of file?
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

yes its possible. But Roadrunner wont read them. (Winamp with the flac plugin supports reading/writing flac tags)

There are various flac plugins and source codes for other programs that allow the read/write of flac tags, I downloded a bunch of them with the intent of making a roadrunner plugin that would read flac. But unfortunatly I dont have that type of programming knowledge, nor the time to learn it.

I speak mostly about FLACTagSupport.dll
    which is used for Windows Media Player. Sourcecode is available.

Theres also:
    APETagSupport.dll
    MPEG4TagSupport.dll
    VorbisTagSupport.dll
    Car : 00' Chrysler 300M
    Speakers : Rainbow Audio SLC 265 | Subs : Diamond Audio D6 12" Subs X2
    Amp's : Hifonics ZXi 6006 AB | Hifonics BXi 1606 D
    CarPC: HP Laptop AMD Sempron 3000+ | 1.5GB RAM | DVD+RW | 80GB 5400RPM HD | ATI R200 Video

Comment

i'll take a look at the source and see if i can figure it out

Comment

off topic a bit,
        what are the beneffits of Flac?

Comment

Flac is a lossless compression, so audio quality should be higher than mp3/wma/aac.

Comment

i see..
            but i ment what is the point of converting a library into FLAC, if it is allready in mp3??.. no point i guess. unless the entire library is in WAV

Comment

i didnt neccessarily mean convert from .mp3 to flac i meant delete my mp3's a re-rip in flac

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
                i didnt neccessarily mean convert from .mp3 to flac i meant delete my mp3's a re-rip in flac
                sonicxtasy02, how many MB per minute does Flac produce??

Comment

no clue... all i know is it plays at an average of 1200kbps and it sounds pretty damn sweet coming from my extigy :-D

Comment

Any luck with this mate?

I too have flac files that Id like to be able to use in RR (Freedom skin atm).

Comment

i've looked at the source but havent really put any work to it... it looks as if mp3 is hardcoded in the tag section... once i get to workin on it i'll letcha know.

Comment

Hmmm I've got some flac files that display id3 in RoadRunner. I didn't do anything special, just installed some winamp plugin. They play just like the mp3's now.

Comment

do you know what plugin it was

Comment

Yeh just the winamp plugin from the FLAC site. When I play my FLAC, I can view file info in winamp & it shows me the title, artist, album, date, genre, etc & that info is available in RoadRunner the same way ID3 would be from MP3.

The audio files I have here say they were encoded with Flac Frontend http://members.home.nl/w.speek/flac.htm & ripped with EAC. I'm sure there are alternatives though.

Comment

Working...
                            X