No sound with Silabls USB Radio...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No sound with Silabls USB Radio...

So I got my Silabs USB radio dongle yesterday.

Have downloaded the latest RR release (4-11-2007).

Set rr.ini radiomode=7.

Copied radio.dll, USBRadio.dll, and Radio_IO.dll to my RR folder.

Using the USBRadio.exe from Silab's site shows me that the radio dongle is working.
    (i.e. Scans for presets, frequency tuning, etc.)

However, the radio function using the BMV2 skin seems to be working, but no sound is coming thru.

Did I forget to do something else in RR?
    Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2

Is there sound with the SiLabs program that came with it?
    The Car 2005 Scion xB

The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

Comment

Yes.

Tuning to a frequency that is broadcasting with the silabs stand alone program, sound comes thru.

Tuning to the same frequency in RR, no sound. However, it seems RR is tuning in to it because when using the scan local function, it pops up as one of the preset stations in the list.

Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2

Comment

make sure to check your main line in and wave in etc for mute or low volume
        .______
        | '_ |__\___
        [(o)|___(o)] XB
        ._________
        | I__I I_I|_\__I
        [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

CarPCNetwork

Comment

Originally posted by lostreception View Post
          make sure to check your main line in and wave in etc for mute or low volume
          They are all set to 100% and no lines are muted.

Comment

Totally wierd. The silabs sound comes thru in my carPC, but not my dev machine.

Oh well...

Comment

drivers?
              .______
              | '_ |__\___
              [(o)|___(o)] XB
              ._________
              | I__I I_I|_\__I
              [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

CarPCNetwork

Comment

is been known that for some reason the radiomode=7 setting goes back to =0 every time that Road Runner closes, check that also, another thing is unplug and plug the tuner again.
                BASSRR ==> [Audio Player/MusicDB/Cd Player/Ripper/Rate/Internet Radio/Audio Capture/Youtube Video]
                RRTube ==> [View/Download Youtube Videos]
                WifiMan ==> [Wifi Manager]
                RRec ==> [Audio Capture]

If You Want To Be Given Everything, Give Everything Up ...
                Bird York -- In The Deep --

Comment

Also, if you run RRconfig, it will reset Radiomode to 0. This is because according to the current RRconfig, there is no such mode as '7'. It sees this as an error and corrects it back to '0'. I'm sure Guino will rectify this in a future RR release, but just make sure to keep changing it back for the moment .

Also, there are no drivers for the SiLabs unit. It auto-installs and appears as some kind of HID device, and downloads the audio via the USB cable, into your computer's windows audio (possibly wave) stream.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceman_jkh View Post
                    Also, if you run RRconfig, it will reset Radiomode to 0. This is because according to the current RRconfig, there is no such mode as '7'. It sees this as an error and corrects it back to '0'. I'm sure Guino will rectify this in a future RR release, but just make sure to keep changing it back for the moment .
                    Now I Know Why!!!!
                    BASSRR ==> [Audio Player/MusicDB/Cd Player/Ripper/Rate/Internet Radio/Audio Capture/Youtube Video]
                    RRTube ==> [View/Download Youtube Videos]
                    WifiMan ==> [Wifi Manager]
                    RRec ==> [Audio Capture]

If You Want To Be Given Everything, Give Everything Up ...
                    Bird York -- In The Deep --

Comment

The same here.

Radiomode set to 7 and no sound with RR. The LED in the Silabs radio ist flashing. With the Silabs software the LED is changing colours and I can hear radio.

Comment

Glad I'm not alone lol... I've posted on the main Silabs thread as I belive I have found the problem but not a solution.... I'd be intrested to see if our setups have any thing in common.

Terran
                        My Project Site

Comment

Also, there are no drivers for the SiLabs unit. It auto-installs and appears as some kind of HID device, and downloads the audio via the USB cable, into your computer's windows audio (possibly wave) stream.
                          I noticed that. So I just edit the .ini file and make sure radiomode=7.

Still radiomode=7 at startup, during, and close of RR.

I'm stumped.

Comment

I dont think you can edit the .ini while RR is running. The change/problem only occurs when you use RRconfig.
                            Regardless...
                            Check out post #4 (http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/road...-rrconfig.html)
                            Should solve the problem

Comment

I dont think you can edit the .ini while RR is running. The change/problem only occurs when you use RRconfig.
                              Regardless...
                              Check out post #4 (http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/road...-rrconfig.html)
                              Should solve the problem
                              I didn't edit the .ini while RR was running.

I just made sure that prior to startup, radiomode=7.

Set a label to show $radiomode$.

Checked rr.ini after exiting to see if RR was changing this variable.

Comment

Working...
                              X