Volume controls acting wacky

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume controls acting wacky

Ok I just downloaded latest version, my last version was I think 2005.........

I have not had a pc in for over a year but I'm on a re-install roll at the minute......

Anyhow, whenever I adjust the volume in RR on any screen, my PC volume drops to about 10% on the MASTER .....

This is not winamp master (Oh how I hate winamp), the mixer master, but the MS windows XP master volume control, the one that sits next to the clock..........

I have ran RR config, cant find anything, I have looked in RR.ini, cant see anything........

It also adjusts my bass, treble, line, wave, cd etc etc its driving me mad.

As far as my setup goes, and I'm a simple man, I want the big + button marked volume to do one thing and one thing only, turn up the damn master volume!

I dont want it setting master volume to 10% and then screwing with everything else.

I can set everything else, to levels I like, then all I want to big + button to do is to crank up the master just like the button my multimedia keyboard does, no more, no less.

Anyone got an old version never had this happen before!
    Lez, more widely known as flez1966

In the RR config, try changing the volume control from all lines to master volume
    Carputer Project Status:
    0% - Mobo died on 2/17/08
    Check out the worklog for my '01 Pathfinder.

Comment

Originally posted by walstib View Post
      In the RR config, try changing the volume control from all lines to master volume
      Thanks for your quick reply, and its the right one...

My stupidity knows no bounds some days...........

Comment

Was amazed to see the silabs radio worked 1st time just by changing the one line in the RR.ini, I think RR knows I'm annoyed at it.........

Comment

Originally posted by lez View Post
          Was amazed to see the silabs radio worked 1st time just by changing the one line in the RR.ini, I think RR knows I'm annoyed at it.........
          HAHAHA! The day ain't over yet!
          OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
          Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
          Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
          BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
          M2-ATX Power Supply
          RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
          Windows XP SP3

Comment

I have the same issue... you'll also notice that on the playback menu the microphone was also un-muted.. which can make annoying feeback...

I removed all the volume buttons from my skins... and only use my deck for volume control..

Vin
            Carputer works... but will never be complete....

Comment

Working...
            X