No announcement yet.

How do you get WMPC to auto start DVD?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you get WMPC to auto start DVD?

I am new to this whole thing so take er easy on me. I am sorry if this is a dumb question but I tried to look for the answer for a long time but have given up.

I am having an issue using the windows media player clasic that comes with RR to play my dvd's when I push on the button.

It looks like Windows Media player loads but I cant get the video to start even with hitting the play button. So I have to go into the WMP menu and select play dvd or ctrl+d without going into the menu of WMP and doing a play dvd. So that is causing all kinds of issues.

I was hoping by just clicking on the DVD button and if there was a DVD in my drive it would start to play. I even tried to play with command line switches but have had no luck.

Well do you have "use external player" unchecked in RRConfig?

It is supposed to play automatically I think. I usually just use movies on the hd because the roads around here suck for optical drives.

Have you tried embedding a different player?
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
      Well do you have "use external player" unchecked in RRConfig?

It is supposed to play automatically I think. I usually just use movies on the hd because the roads around here suck for optical drives.

Have you tried embedding a different player?
      I have tried alot of different things. Unchecked and checked.

For some reason it opens wanting me to tell it what to play. CD, DVD, file exc. The only thing I have been able to do is make a shortcut with and added "C:\Program Files\Road Runner\mplayerc.exe" /play e: to the Target field.

This starts to play whatever is in the E drive. However I can not use a shortcut in RR config so it just opens WMP wanting me to pick what I want to play.

I even made a .bat file with that command line but RR only lets you use .exe files and not bat.

I was hoping I could put something in the .ini file or something... Hell I don't know.

Who knows if I will ever use this even or not but it bugs me I can't get it to work right. I could leave it broken but you know the first person once I get this installed will be like cool DVD and try to get it to work and nada.

Comment

Working...
      X