Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hotkey support disabled while embedding destinator6

Hi.
    Iím have problems using hotkeys when embedding Destinator6. As soon as the gps program embeds and the gps screen is shown, destinator takes focus and hotkey support is no longer active. If I press on the RR skin section then the hotkeys are active for one press. After that destinator regain focus and the hotkeys are disabled.
    I tried the getfocus command but it does not work because rr loses focus and the command is probably never executed.
    Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can solve this situation?
    Any info on the matter would be deeply appreciated.

All Iím trying to do in the gps screen is use hotkeys to zoom in, zoom out and return to the main screen.
    The road is long but we are getting there.

I've fiddled with D6 a bit and suggest you change strategy.....Try dropping the DestinatorMSG.Inf from 5.1 into 6 and set the res to 240 x 320 (not landscaped though).

That way you'll get the pda skin up,trouble i'm having though is it doesn't scale well and if you stretch it or embed to rr size the buttons vanish.
    P4 2.8 HT, 512Mb Ram, 60Gb 2.5 HD, M4-ATX, SB Audigy2, BU353, Lilliput TS,Soundgraph Imon VFD,SONY Optiarc dvd Burner,RideRunner, iGo8, Custom Freedom 2.1

Comment

The button problem that you are facing is easy to fix. The buttons are configured in destinator.inf. One of the many options that configure the buttons is the anchor option. Depending on the position of your button, set the anchor button accordingly. This will permit you to resize the map window without any problems. I have my D6 embedded in RR with a map size of 700x600 and it is working great. The problems that I'm facing is different. As stated above, the hotkey support that RR provides is in someway disabled because RR looses focus. Due to the hotkeys being crippled I cannot use me wired remote to control RR.
      Anyway I found a workaround using a great little application called AUTOHOTKEY. It is a scripting language something like autoit.

Comment

sorry mate,i misunderstood...Anyway i should know better than to try and advise you as you understand the destinator stuff far better than i do.

Dont suppose you feel like sharing your inf?? I've looked at it but don't have a clue what to change the current anchor settings to.
        P4 2.8 HT, 512Mb Ram, 60Gb 2.5 HD, M4-ATX, SB Audigy2, BU353, Lilliput TS,Soundgraph Imon VFD,SONY Optiarc dvd Burner,RideRunner, iGo8, Custom Freedom 2.1

Comment

I'd be glad to send you the files.
          Give me a mail address and you got them

cheers

Oh!! and one other thing. Clear your pm folder. You can't receive pm's cause it's full.

Comment

what we need is a skin editor for Destinator6

Anyone bored and fancy doing some coding?
            My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
            NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

I lost some steps...

How is it possible to embed Destinator 6?

Is there a PC version, a SDK... and where I can find it???
              See my car and donate for spinning logos at www.ildena.it/carpc

Comment

Originally posted by tolisn View Post

Oh!! and one other thing. Clear your pm folder. You can't receive pm's cause it's full.
                Yeah sorry about that,i've made some space now.

Comment

Originally posted by tolisn View Post
                  Hi.
                  I’m have problems using hotkeys when embedding Destinator6. As soon as the gps program embeds and the gps screen is shown, destinator takes focus and hotkey support is no longer active. If I press on the RR skin section then the hotkeys are active for one press. After that destinator regain focus and the hotkeys are disabled.
                  I tried the getfocus command but it does not work because rr loses focus and the command is probably never executed.
                  Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can solve this situation?
                  Any info on the matter would be deeply appreciated.

All I’m trying to do in the gps screen is use hotkeys to zoom in, zoom out and return to the main screen.
                  Have you managed to fix this yet mate??

This was posted by nomader on DigitalCar Forum=

Originally posted by Nomader View Post
                  the keyboard files are in the language folder.. you can assign any keys you want..

Comment

Yes, As a matter of fact I did solve this using a scripting language called AutoHotkeys. It's something like Autoit. A great little app and works wonders.

Comment

Sweet,i'm glad you got it sorted mate.

Comment

Working...
                      X