Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather info on GPS location

Hi!

Could anybody any solution for weather information by GPS location?

thx
    Englishlessness :(

as of now this feature is only available in America.. however if you can find a data file or a database that list a range of lat and longs along with the city, country names of the valid range u can send it to me and i can make it work for your area. If youre unsure of the type of data i need take a look at zips.dat.. its available as a part of the GAS files.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
      as of now this feature is only available in America.. however if you can find a data file or a database that list a range of lat and longs along with the city, country names of the valid range u can send it to me and i can make it work for your area. If youre unsure of the type of data i need take a look at zips.dat.. its available as a part of the GAS files.

Has anyone created an app that does this in the states? If se can you point me in the right direction. I remember reading up on it somewhere, but I dont remember it actually being done.
      2002 Mitsubishi Galant
      Progress: 90% [-▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓- ->

Carputer Specs:
      Via M10K
      512mb Ram
      60GB HDD
      Souund Blaster Audigy2 NX
      OPUS ITX PC Case

Comment

Originally posted by Cheekz185 View Post
        Has anyone created an app that does this in the states? If se can you point me in the right direction. I remember reading up on it somewhere, but I dont remember it actually being done.
        i personally added it to the lastest release of rr. Search for Automatic Weather Update and u'll find the information on it.

Comment

THX...
          work it in Europe?
          Englishlessness :(

Comment

No.. only in the united states for now. But like i said, if you can find the data (usually found from your post office type websites) then i can make good use of it

Comment

will this work for the uk

Hi Sonicxtacy02

not sure if this is what you are after

its in sub sections collection of zip's under 1 title
              Attached Files

Comment

sort of, I think we need the LAT & LONG of the actual UK City & Town names, not postcodes... I could be wrong though
                My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
                NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

i may be able to do somethin with this.. can u go to weather.uk or whatever the site is and enter these zip codes and have it return the weather for that area? Forgive my international knowledge but the zip codes are the numbers next to the word POSTCODE right? lol

Comment

http://uk.weather.com/weather/local/ takes any starting postcode as you would put into your sat nav and finds the weather for that area.

Post codes in the uk normally start with two letters followed by some numbers then two more letters...there are normally 6-7 digits in total.

Hope that this helps....really want this for my carpc!

Comment

i will see what i can do . Very first thing will probably be the most tedius thing to do and that is take ALL that xcel data and put it into a .dat file. Anyone know ofa quick way to do that?

Comment

if i can

help any more sonicx
                        just let me know what you need more of ,

love to get this finally working for us over here.

change of subject:

as you are Autoit and all that programmer. would you mind helping me with something else, i did'nt think it was wise to discribe here as its a different subject.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Capri28 View Post
                          help any more sonicx
                          just let me know what you need more of ,

love to get this finally working for us over here.

change of subject:

as you are Autoit and all that programmer. would you mind helping me with something else, i did'nt think it was wise to discribe here as its a different subject.

thanks
                          sure just start a new topic... or pm me if its private

Comment

Sonic, these excel files are actually comma separated data values in text format. Just change your file extension to .txt

Not sure the format they need to be in, but you should be able to rearrange them in excel and just rename them as your .dat
                            Christmas Car Project 2008

ArrowDash Skin Worklog

Comment

yea thats what i was thinking.. didnt get time to do them today.. tomorrow looks good

Comment

Working...
                              X