All speakers wont play in Road Runner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All speakers wont play in Road Runner

Ok, after a few tweaks i've finally gotten all of my speakers to play, 4.1, almost. When windows first starts up, that little piano start-up riff blares through all speakers. Also, when I play video in RR, it plays through all speakers. The only time I only get only 2 speakers playing is when I play music. Im assuming there is a setting in Winamp that needs to be done. Can someone explain if they have had this problem and gotten over it.

Thanks in advance for all help

try and check "use hardware acceleration" in the output plugins/direct sound output
    This worked for me every time

Comment

Is your ouput on from winamp set to directsound ouput? That would give you 4 channel sound.

Comment

Guys I got the problem fixed a few days ago. I believe I did something with one of the output plug-ins in Winamp. Now, if I can only get the bass and treble to keep the same setting when I shut down and restart.

Comment

moved thread from newbie forum to the road runner forum.

Please, next time you have such a specific problem, post your issue in the related forum instead of in the general newbie forum.
          Jan Bennett
          FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by at_b View Post
            try and check "use hardware acceleration" in the output plugins/direct sound output
            This worked for me every time
            It is grayed out on mine...
            Carputer Project Status:
            0% - Mobo died on 2/17/08
            Check out the worklog for my '01 Pathfinder.

Comment

Originally posted by walstib View Post
              It is grayed out on mine...
              Grayed out on mine also but still works.

Comment

Originally posted by lexdiamond20 View Post
                Grayed out on mine also but still works.
                3 months later I have the same problem as above. It is grayed out where the option to chose "allow hardware acceleration" is. Please help guys im not getting any sound out of my rear speakers when using Winamp thru RR.

Comment

You can probably download some winamp plugin to extend the surround for the other speakers.. I'd do a search on winamp's site...
                  Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                  "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by guino View Post
                    You can probably download some winamp plugin to extend the surround for the other speakers.. I'd do a search on winamp's site...
                    Fixed it. All I did was install the latest version of WinAmp. And all this time I thought anything over 2.95 would work in RR...or so you guys made it seem.

Comment

All winamp versions above 2.90 are supported, but 2.95 is the fastest one, that's all.
                      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Working...
                      X