Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odd Video issue with MPC and Built In Player. Please Help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Video issue with MPC and Built In Player. Please Help.

I have been searching for a solution to a problem for several days with no luck. The problem I am having is that during playback of a video file, the video will begin to lag behind with pauses while the audio continues normally. This only happens when the control display disappears. As log as I keep the control display visible the video plays normal. If the video starts to lag, the computer will begin to respond slow to commands if I wait to long it is a power cycle. If I can bring the controls back up after the lag has begun, the video will fast forward to catch up to the audio. This happens to both the internal player and MPC. I can play the video fine outside of RR using MPC. I can also embed MPC in a skin and it will play the video file. Anyone have any ideas as why this is happening? Is this a bug in RR?

Thanks
    Ravenhawk

i think you have to give some more details, on what hardware setup you have, i'm guessing for what i can see, that you have a via based system, if this is the case, use mpc, ffdshow codec's, use road runner as your system's shell, strip down windows, disable any program that run's in the background and you dont need, and you will have some better results.hopefully!!!
    BASSRR ==> [Audio Player/MusicDB/Cd Player/Ripper/Rate/Internet Radio/Audio Capture/Youtube Video]
    RRTube ==> [View/Download Youtube Videos]
    WifiMan ==> [Wifi Manager]
    RRec ==> [Audio Capture]

If You Want To Be Given Everything, Give Everything Up ...
    Bird York -- In The Deep --

Comment

Current System Setup

Thanks for the reply, I have a VIA MII 12000 with 512 meg Ram. I have everything disabled that I can. I am currently using MPC for DVD and that works fine and trying to use it for the video as well. As for the Codecs, I have k-lite installed but new to this whole codec stuff. How would I set this up correctly?

Thanks
      Ravenhawk

Comment

well, i think those boards have mpeg2 acceleration by hardware, thats why dvd is playing with no problems, i use to have a m10k with 1 gig of ram, and still i had to tweak that thing a lot, to get a descent video playback, even with mpc. just look for the ffdshow codecs, (google will help you). don't use k-lite. and never use the built in video player with this type of setup. good luck.
        BASSRR ==> [Audio Player/MusicDB/Cd Player/Ripper/Rate/Internet Radio/Audio Capture/Youtube Video]
        RRTube ==> [View/Download Youtube Videos]
        WifiMan ==> [Wifi Manager]
        RRec ==> [Audio Capture]

If You Want To Be Given Everything, Give Everything Up ...
        Bird York -- In The Deep --

Comment

Originally posted by EL CAMINO View Post
          well, i think those boards have mpeg2 acceleration by hardware, thats why dvd is playing with no problems, i use to have a m10k with 1 gig of ram, and still i had to tweak that thing a lot, to get a descent video playback, even with mpc. just look for the ffdshow codecs, (google will help you). don't use k-lite. and never use the built in video player with this type of setup. good luck.
          I only have the problem when trying to use RR using MPC for video playback and once the controls hide. As long as the controls are showing the video plays fine. I can also play the video fine out side of RR just using MPC.

Comment

Working...
          X