Request - screen transitions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request - screen transitions

I have tried the feature in Roadrunner that provides for various screen transitions, i.e., transition=X in rr.ini (where X runs from 1 through 10 IIRC).

My idea was to build a skin in which a kind of sign board appeared to slide in/out on some rails to display various menu choices. The problem I have encountered is that the transition happens too fast (1.73GHz Pentium M) to be useful as an eye-candy tool.

I am wondering if anyone has figured out a way to slow down the transition (that doesn't hurt some other performance aspect).

If not, then I would respectfully request a variable controlled transition speed be included in the next release.

I have no idea how difficult what I'm asking for really is, or how many other would like to see this.

Finally, if I have posted this in the wrong place, please accept my apology.

i had the same idea some month ago...it was too much trouble to have rr do tha natively..
    just learn Flash

Comment

Yea, the only transition that seems to work fine is the fade, all the others just seem like screen flickers.
      Would be really cool though to have your menu screens and specific other screens set to slide in, out etc.
      01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
      01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
      mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

what would be really cool is to just have another command on all labels, buttons, etc. to have an entrance/exit command. it might hog a lot of memory, but i think itd be awesome to have some labels fly in from the left or right or to fade in and have some buttons appear or slide up or down or whatever. hey im running a P4 system with at least a gig of memory so i know i wouldnt mind some cool effects. guino has already put alot in tho, so we cant be greedy. im quite content with the fade.

Comment

Try this version out,

Edit: Link and file removed will post a full complete version with only this mod done to it.

add to rr.ini:
          transtime=0.2 <-- this is currently the default "sleep" time between transition screen updates

I have also made it so that you can change it by using setvar;transtime;.5

So what you end up with is a way to really set every transtime for every screen change
          RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
          Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
          Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
          RRMedia
          RRExtended
          DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Originally posted by Blue ZX3 View Post
            Try this version out,

RoadRunner2.zip

add to rr.ini:
            transtime=0.2 <-- this is currently the default "sleep" time between transition screen updates

I have also made it so that you can change it by using setvar;transtime;.5

So what you end up with is a way to really set every transtime for every screen change
            Kewl! I am a bit confused however, when I asked Guino some months back about changing the transition times, it was not "do-able". If it really is that easy, it would be very nice to see this added to the official RR release for sure! Also, you seem to imply that it is changeable at runtime, and no restart of RR is needed, is this right?
            Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Your are correct, your can put "setvar;transtime;.7||MAIN" or whatever screen your going to...hence the option to set the time per usage.

I'm not really a vb person (mostly just deal with autoit) but this mod only took me a hour to change/figure out. It was as simple as exposing the timer constant that was set and making it changeable at runtime.

I'm not sure if it would cause any probs though, the only thing that I would add to that is a check for the current value before running the effect, b/c if you put less than .2 it locks up RR.

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
              Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
              RRMedia
              RRExtended
              DFXVoice

Comment

Your are correct, your can put "setvar;transtime;.7||MAIN" or whatever screen your going to...hence the option to set the time per usage.

I'm not really a vb person (mostly just deal with autoit) but this mod only took me a hour to change/figure out. It was as simple as exposing the timer constant that was set and making it changeable at runtime.

I'm not sure if it would cause any probs though, the only thing that I would add to that is a check for the current value before running the effect, b/c if you put less than .2 it locks up RR.
                Blue This screws up "Auto Skin Change" when "Using built in gamma with GPS". It changed to my night skin and would not return to the day skin.
                When I reverted back to the original RoadRunner.exe it reverted correctly to my day skin.
                Any idea what's happening ?
                Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
                Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
                Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

Comment

I'm not really a vb person (mostly just deal with autoit)
                  And...

You were warned..it was just a 2 sec mod, as I not sure what probs it would cause. That version is also one that it was playing around with some other things so that could just be it too, it would be nice if I had all the required files so that one didn't have to delete the Mapmonkey lines out of every update....maybe gunio was right when he said that it was "not do-able"

Gunio, if you read this, could you explain maybe as to why you said that this couldn't be done.

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                  Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                  RRMedia
                  RRExtended
                  DFXVoice

Comment

Try this version out,

RoadRunner2.zip
                    Thanks, I'll give it a try

Comment

is there any way that this can be merged with sonics beta?, i like his because of the ratings stuff that he added.
                      BASSRR ==> [Audio Player/MusicDB/Cd Player/Ripper/Rate/Internet Radio/Audio Capture/Youtube Video]
                      RRTube ==> [View/Download Youtube Videos]
                      WifiMan ==> [Wifi Manager]
                      RRec ==> [Audio Capture]

If You Want To Be Given Everything, Give Everything Up ...
                      Bird York -- In The Deep --

Comment

Link and file removed, will post a full complete version with only this mod done to it so that it can be tested. I will also add a check for any value less than .2 and readjust it back to 0.2

Should be done in the next day or two, trying to finish my config.....

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                        Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                        RRMedia
                        RRExtended
                        DFXVoice

Comment

Ok, here is a complete RR version using 4-11 source, with ONLY this mod made to it.

Same setup as before, SETVAR;transtime;.xx to set value via command or INI setting, and doesn't allow anything below .2 otherwise it reset it back to .2

RoadRunner2.zip

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                          Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                          RRMedia
                          RRExtended
                          DFXVoice

Comment

thank you - I hope to be trying it out this weekend.

Comment

any luck on that last version??

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                              Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                              RRMedia
                              RRExtended
                              DFXVoice