Clear All

• Why does my touch screen only sometimes get a signal

Hi i have just built an in car pc here is the spec

Intel 815 Mother board
    1Ghz cpu
    512mb sd memory
    80gb Hard drive
    and a touch screen i got off ebay for 100

Now my problem is my car pc works but the screen sometimes says it dosnt have a signal so i have to unplug the power to the pc n switch it back on again grr and after 2 or 3 attempts at that it will work. I am running the pc off an inverter and thru a normal computer power supply and once it is going i have no problems just the first initial part of getting the thing to boot up now i know it isnt the screen because that works fine in the house any idead?

Thanks Joel

Check to see if your inverter have enough power to power your pc. Power is the problem here.

Comment

Pc not working

Hi well my inverter is only 150 watt but it just powers the pc not the screen or the amp or anything else its just confusing that sometimes it will work perfect and not others thanks

Comment

Ok ive fixed the thing i didnt put one of the sticks of ram in so it clicked doh how stupid am i and i call myself a computer tech well i surpose i can let myself off as i cudnt see what i was doing as my car is so tight for space :s thanks for the help tho

Comment

Originally posted by me2_u View Post
          Ok ive fixed the thing i didnt put one of the sticks of ram in so it clicked doh how stupid am i and i call myself a computer tech well i surpose i can let myself off as i cudnt see what i was doing as my car is so tight for space :s thanks for the help tho
          YOUR BANNED
          Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
          Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
          Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

Comment

ok that hasnt fixed it grr it was working fine again for abit doh any ideas now?

Comment

Originally posted by me2_u View Post
              ok that hasnt fixed it grr it was working fine again for abit doh any ideas now?
              i thought ya car was ok now joel.. i think u need to start a new topic with the title... WHY DOES MY PC KEEP FREEZING

Comment

Working...
              X