VLC media player

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VLC media player

after many woes trying to get my different music videos to run with windows media player. is there anyway we can get the VLC media player which seems to play everything, to play the music videos?

sorry for the silly question, but have you tried just playing them using vlc? what happens? what format are they?
    Current:
    [BMW E46 ///M3 Convertible]

Previous:
    [BMW E31 850CSi]|[BMW E39 535i]|[BMW HVAC Research]|[IBUS Scrolling Text]|[BMPuter]|[Velocity]|[TomTom]|[Vision]|[Space Navigator Driver]|[Super Fast Boot]

Comment

windows media player?, i think RR has the capability of using Media Player Classic, which can play almost every video format(with the right codecs installed), true that VLC can do that also, but why not use MPC?
      BASSRR ==> [Audio Player/MusicDB/Cd Player/Ripper/Rate/Internet Radio/Audio Capture/Youtube Video]
      RRTube ==> [View/Download Youtube Videos]
      WifiMan ==> [Wifi Manager]
      RRec ==> [Audio Capture]

If You Want To Be Given Everything, Give Everything Up ...
      Bird York -- In The Deep --

Comment

thanks ill check it out

Comment

VLC is cool!
          I'm yet to find a media file on any of my PC's that it won't play, and it lets you play direct from CD/DVD image files too

MPC can't do that
          My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
          NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

how about mplayer? you messed around with that? uses the same libs as vlc I think. I'm using it in Velocity.
            Current:
            [BMW E46 ///M3 Convertible]

Previous:
            [BMW E31 850CSi]|[BMW E39 535i]|[BMW HVAC Research]|[IBUS Scrolling Text]|[BMPuter]|[Velocity]|[TomTom]|[Vision]|[Space Navigator Driver]|[Super Fast Boot]

Comment

Old thread, but...

VLC rocks because it doesn't use external codecs and has some spiffy hardware decoder functionality that other codecs don't seem to include. On my VIA board (MII 12000), the CPU utilization when playing a DivX file with MPC is 100% and it jitters (although that's better now that I'm using FFDSHOW for a codec). I play the same file in VLC and the CPU utilization is about 40%, HUGE difference. For those with slower machines, it's the difference between playable and not playable.

As an aside, the MII 12000 can normally handle this video, even using the MPC player. My problem is that I had to rotate my lilliput, and when I set the VIA/S3 driver to rotate the screen it DISABLES DIRECTSHOW ACCELERATION! Sloppy driver.

Comment

Originally posted by TO_SC300 View Post
                Old thread, but...

VLC rocks because it doesn't use external codecs and has some spiffy hardware decoder functionality that other codecs don't seem to include. On my VIA board (MII 12000), the CPU utilization when playing a DivX file with MPC is 100% and it jitters (although that's better now that I'm using FFDSHOW for a codec). I play the same file in VLC and the CPU utilization is about 40%, HUGE difference. For those with slower machines, it's the difference between playable and not playable.

As an aside, the MII 12000 can normally handle this video, even using the MPC player. My problem is that I had to rotate my lilliput, and when I set the VIA/S3 driver to rotate the screen it DISABLES DIRECTSHOW ACCELERATION! Sloppy driver.
                I have the same exact problem....In my opinion VLC should be the player of choice...What would need to be done to make it work?

Comment

Originally posted by PeterK2003 View Post
                  I have the same exact problem....In my opinion VLC should be the player of choice...What would need to be done to make it work?
                  You might could use this http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/rr-p...lc-plugin.html
                  OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
                  Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
                  Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
                  BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
                  M2-ATX Power Supply
                  RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
                  Windows XP SP3

Comment

Working...
                  X