Muting a USB mic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muting a USB mic

Alright so I've got a logitech noise-canceling mic hooked up via USB to my VIA M1k. I've been fooling around with the "Mute" and "VOL" commands trying to get the mic to mute however I've been unsuccesfull. I haven't been able to find this in a search but it seems I need to tell RR that the Mic is on a different mixer device because if I use "MUTE;Mic" it just mutes the onboard Mic. Anyone know how to do this?

hey juve are u the one that was able to hook up freefone with your mDA?

Comment

yes my 8125. Why do you ask?

Comment

i can't get mines to work. I got the stuff needed but it doesn't show anything on the screen at all and its ****ing me off.

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

is this mic, under the recording devices?
            BASSRR ==> [Audio Player/MusicDB/Cd Player/Ripper/Rate/Internet Radio/Audio Capture/Youtube Video]
            RRTube ==> [View/Download Youtube Videos]
            WifiMan ==> [Wifi Manager]
            RRec ==> [Audio Capture]

If You Want To Be Given Everything, Give Everything Up ...
            Bird York -- In The Deep --

Comment

Originally posted by EL CAMINO View Post
              is this mic, under the recording devices?
              yes! It's listed as AKK5470 or something like that. Then when I click to see the volume properties of the device the actual line (i.e. Wave, Master, AUX, Microphone) is called "Capture" It is not hooked up into my onboard sound since its usb.

Comment

ok, i was planning to get me one of this, how good is this mic? try using the windows api's, look for the winmm.dll commands.
                BASSRR ==> [Audio Player/MusicDB/Cd Player/Ripper/Rate/Internet Radio/Audio Capture/Youtube Video]
                RRec ==> [Audio Capture]

Comment

Its ok so far. I have to do alot of training. I really looking to control the mute feature of the mic to control echoing that others hear when they talk to me over the phone.
                  What exactly do you mean by using the windows api?

Comment

Alright so maybe I can't do this in RR. Do you think I could use Frodo's SetVolumeBI to do it?

Comment

im gonna get one of this and start playing with it.
                      RRec ==> [Audio Capture]

Comment

is this the one you are referring to:
                        http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/we...s/221&cl=us,en

If so, I'm also very interested in your progress. I want to relocate the mute button somewhere in easy access. And use the button to trigger the voice recognition. No keywords, etc.. purely press (or hold) to talk, command recognised, (release) end of story

Comment

Originally posted by Iceman_jkh View Post
                          is this the one you are referring to:
                          http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/we...s/221&cl=us,en

If so, I'm also very interested in your progress. I want to relocate the mute button somewhere in easy access. And use the button to trigger the voice recognition. No keywords, etc.. purely press (or hold) to talk, command recognised, (release) end of story
                          Yup thats what I have. If you want to relocate the physical button just hack the thing apart, unsoilder the button and extend the connection with some wire, resoilder and you're all set! I've already hacked mine apart, there is a small board in the base of the mic which holds the button and an LED.

Comment

Perfect

so you could use this mic with the mic input set to ALWAYS ON. and rewire the MUTE button in reverse. So when u press it, it unmutes?

Ideally, Id like to have the power/mute button: mute the speaker/RR output, and also turn on the mic input. That way, when you press it, there isnt too much noise (only road noise, not audio) for the voice recognition to handle. Let go of the button, and the music comes back on and the PC processes ur voice commands

Can that button be monitored via software? To kinda act like the hotkey/Keyword button?

Comment

Originally posted by Iceman_jkh View Post
                              Perfect

so you could use this mic with the mic input set to ALWAYS ON. and rewire the MUTE button in reverse. So when u press it, it unmutes?

Ideally, Id like to have the power/mute button: mute the speaker/RR output, and also turn on the mic input. That way, when you press it, there isnt too much noise (only road noise, not audio) for the voice recognition to handle. Let go of the button, and the music comes back on and the PC processes ur voice commands

Can that button be monitored via software? To kinda act like the hotkey/Keyword button?
                              Along with voice recognition, I'm also looking to get this working with freefone, to reduce the echo that others hear when they call me. Maybe the extending the physical button to mute/unmute is the best for both situations. Interesting idea about the hotkey and monitoring the button, maybe it could be done?

Comment

Working...
                              X