Freefone Pic Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freefone Pic Question

OK I am having a problem with picture showing up in freephone. I set everything as what CDR readme files said to do. Name the picture the same as the number calling and put it in phonepics. Did that but still no picture just a pic of what is set as default. Any help appreciate.

Don't know, do you have the folder "PhonePics" in you SKIN Folder and named the pic exactly as the number? That's where mine is and it works just fine. See.....
    Attached Files

Comment

Yeah i have phonepics in my skin. I even name it correctly. for example if a number calling me at let just say 4596590125 is calling. I name the picture 4596590125.jpg. nothing comes up. Does it matter if i am using a WM5 device because the name doesn't even come up all it say is unknown.

Comment

I just made a test and deleted the WORK number form my phone. Now when I call from WORK no picture shows up. So, I think the picture only will show when you have the number in your phonebook on the phone and reload the phonebook in freefone.

Comment

Finished testing. Stand correct. Added the WORK number back into my phone, started freefone, reloded my Phonebook, called myself from WORK and the picture showed up again.

Comment

I dont think this will work with my phone then. Because when people call it just show the number and not the name that is in my phone book.

Comment

The only other way is to use the PhoneBook.txt from freefone and change it in the settings.ini "usephonebook=true". Then put all your numbers in there with the format John - 09478383939. Then it should show the name and the number

Comment

try using the freefone version thats in with the iphone skin as I added some extra code to grab the callers number, that might help
                Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

CDR i am using that and its not helping. I just think its my MDA. When a number dials in or when i dial out with the person in my phone list. It doesn't show the name just the number so i guess i am kinda out of luck with the picture deal.

last question does the number have to have a 0 in the front just a question or just a phone number

Comment

I put 2 of the same pics in my folder one picture with a "1" in front of the phone number and one picture without it because some times my calls come in with and without the "1" that way it works all the time.
                    The Car 2005 Scion xB

The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

Comment

i got a + lol and sometimes no plus hmm

Comment

If your Number calling shows up in freefone then it should show the picture, it does not matter if you use a wm5 phone or regular cell phone. And no, you don't need a"0" in front of the number, it was just an example. If you use the phonebook.txt file the format should be "Work - 8185551212" or if it shows a + in front for a long distance call then the format should be "Work - +8185551212" san quotes.

Comment

Yeah i got it working. all my numbers i dont know why has + in front of it when i dial out and a +1 in front it when someone dials in. SO i had to have 2 pic save with a + and +1

Comment

Originally posted by CdRsKuLL View Post
                            try using the freefone version thats in with the iphone skin as I added some extra code to grab the callers number, that might help
                            Using RR + DFX2.5 + freefone

Problem is when I call my phone hooked to PC it usually shows unknown on first call, then next call shows name and number with picture. Now, if i call from a different phone it sometimes shows the first phones number,name, and picture. Then if I call again with the second phone it will display correct info.
                            I have usephonebook=false, phonebook.txt cleared out. Phone names are in my phone book with correct caller id as it would show on phone (IE; 19871234567) pictures in correct folder named IE; 19871234567.jpg (one for each separate number...

Help! I really would like for this to work correctly. I am using ff 1.4

Where do I get the FF in iphone skin? I serched but found no links to where to download it?

Anyone have any ideas why this would happen?

Comment

Can someone help... CDR?

Comment

Working...
                              X