Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with RR and Ipod

Hi everyone,
    I've been a lurker for some time now, as you can see that this is my first post here. I'm more active over at legacygt.com- But anyway, I did some searching, and cant find anyone who has had a similar problem. I tired google too, but cant find much of anything.
    I have been trying out RR for a while, and I just decided to try the ipod support. The first time, it wouldnt work because I didnt set my drive letter. The second time I could see the list that says: By artist, By song,...... and I can click on songs, but the counter remains at 00:00:00 and nothing else happens.
    I'm just hoping that someone might know something about the problem I am having.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I'm sorry if the answer is obvious- I'm just trying to get this whole Car pc thing figured out before I take the final leap.

first verify that win amp is able to play the songs from your ipod, if not you may need to install a codec, if win amp works, then it is probably a conflict with rr open up rr config and change your music settings. the new rr config is much easier to use. i no longer use my ipod in car, i found it much easier to use ipod rip and save all the songs to my hard drive. hope this helps

Comment

thanks a lot for the reply. Winamp is able to play the songs fine. So it must be something with the RR config- I'll check that out when I get a chance after work. Thanks again!

Comment

which ipod are ou using the video or nano

Comment

video

Comment

what is your system. How much power are you pulling please be specific. Might be a power problem. Video ipod take more power then a nano. My nano ipod will read in my system but my video will not due to insufficient power. I had to install a power usb hub to power my device.

Comment

I'm not exactly sure, the ipod seems to be pulling enough power. I'm using my laptop to test everything out right now. I think I fixed it though- at least in part. I can playback music now using RR and the ipod, but some of the songs come up as funny little names (they appear to still be coded like an ipod) like instead of giving the song a name, it will be called cjyx, or pfry....like that. Thanks for the response though.

Comment

I think it may have been the winamp version i had- the gen_ff.dll file wouldnt erase- once I got it to erase- things seemed to work again...i dont know why.

Comment

Im really glad I found this post, I was having similar issues. about 1/2 the songs would play the rest wouldn't... I upgraded to 5.24 and now everything works great!

Comment

Working...
                  X