Local weather map using GPS data or Zipcode

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local weather map using GPS data or Zipcode

Given that I have several pieces of information on where I am (lon/lat, zipcode, city/state, and/or idcode from weather xml data, how do I dynamically load the doppler or radar/sat image for the local area as I drive around the country?

I have full time internet access and the above data, I just can't figure out the URL to get the image. BTW, I don't care if it is weather.com (preferred) or NOAA.

Any help?

Regards,
    Jim

Originally posted by obrienj View Post
    Given that I have several pieces of information on where I am (lon/lat, zipcode, city/state, and/or idcode from weather xml data, how do I dynamically load the doppler or radar/sat image for the local area as I drive around the country?

I have full time internet access and the above data, I just can't figure out the URL to get the image. BTW, I don't care if it is weather.com (preferred) or NOAA.

Any help?

Regards,
    Jim
    i already added this to the latest version of RR. the WEATHER command will not check your lat and lon to determine your position before giving you data. Should you wish to only used the weater defined in rr.ini simply change the code to HOMEWEATHER
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
      i already added this to the latest version of RR. the WEATHER command will not check your lat and lon to determine your position before giving you data. Should you wish to only used the weater defined in rr.ini simply change the code to HOMEWEATHER
      Actually I am using the newest RR and I am getting both the weather where I am and have a button to switch to weather where I live (Nice work Sonicxtacy02). However, neither returns any maps or map access informaiton. Actually I can't find any reference in RR to acquiring maps other than a routine in modWeather.bas called GetLocalMap but it doesn't seem to be called by anything nor are there any map images in th RR directory after the weather data is acquired.

So what I need is the URL(s) and selection criteria for doppler maps by zipcode, weather data (myweather.xml) id, or city/state. There once was a .MDB database with all the URLs for maps available at weather.com but it seems to have disappeared into antiquity.

Other samples use hardcoded maps (CHUCK'S skins for example) and at least one "poster" referenced that they were getting maps using GPS data but nothing more than that. After spending a fair amount of time going in circles searching I decided to ask.

So, anyone have any thoughts on this?

Regards,
      Jim

Comment

well any map data embedded has always been a custom job. You're going to have to find/create a script that will determine ur whereabouts then send it to whatever website your polling for map data.
        mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
        Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
        Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

hello

how put in the last RR the option local weather map using GPS data or zipcode , any txt where explain please , thanks , mike

Comment

Working...
          X