Updated Road Runner and ...........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated Road Runner and ...........

Hi guys, I'm new to this site but have had my carpc for about 9 months now. I've just updated my version of RR to the 2007 version(Sept I think) and now the music section won't play. The GPS, DVD and car logging software all work fine as before.
    When I load an album from the RR list it will list it but when I press play it won't play. The music works fine via WinAmp etc.
    Also even though I installed the PC myself I'm not that hot with techy jargon so if anyone can help can you explain it in dummy format

u GOTTA register winamp.dll
    or use the new RRConfig from blue zx3 to do it for you

[]s
    Tigra Clube Brasil

Comment

Hi, got it sussed but Winamp won't hide, the box is checked but it wont disappear unless i minimise it.

Regards Dave

Comment

use the default skin of winamp..and close all winamp windows, (except winamp itself..) it should hide

Comment

Originally posted by Nomader View Post
          use the default skin of winamp..and close all winamp windows, (except winamp itself..) it should hide
          I've upgraded to the newer version of Winamp, so do you mean the new skin or change it to the traditional one? With the older version I never had the problem. It would hide ok. Thinking about it is there a setting to automatically start Winamp on start up so is it launching itself and not when i use Road runner or am i talking nonsense?

Thanks Dave

Comment

1-Download winamp 2.95 from www.oldversion.com
            2-Run RRConfig and check the option that says "Hide Winamp"
            3-Run winamp by itself, close the playlist, eq and mini-browser windows.
            4-Close Winamp
            5-Run RR.

That should "fix it".
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

As Guino says, Winamp 2.95 is the preferred version. But if you want some of the newer Winamp features, many people, including me, are using version 5.13 in classic skin without any problems. Anything higher than 5.13 and you're asking for trouble.

Comment

I always used the latest winamp version without any troubles and i am using it for mp3/radio/tv

just use the old-look-alike skin (not the new that winamps installs) and do as Guino said

Comment

Switched to classic and it now hides.

Thanks Dave

Comment

Working...
                  X