Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the Phone Control.Net settings in Road Runner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the Phone Control.Net settings in Road Runner?

Hi,

looking for some help. I've searched around and can't find anything that relates. apologies if this is a simple answer
    I'm looking for the values that go into the Phone control.net settings in Road Runner config.
    These are -
    PhoCo's Path
    Phone List Path
    Pictures Path
    Ring Tone File
    SMS Tone File

I'm running Ultimate as a skin. and trying to connect via a bluetooth dongle to a windows mobile 6 phone.

Thanks for your help.
    Things to do
    • Bluetooth handsfree / Tidy up dash fabrication / Improve startup-shutdown time.

PhoCo's Path - Where phonecontrol exe is installed
    Phone List Path - where you have placed or want your phone number list to go
    Pictures Path - where you have stored the pics of people in your phone list
    Ring Tone File - which audio file you want to play when an incomming call is received.
    SMS Tone File - which sound file you want to play when an incoming SMS is received.

These will all be specific to you.

Comment

Thanks very much
      I'll give them a try tomorrow.
      Things to do
      • Bluetooth handsfree / Tidy up dash fabrication / Improve startup-shutdown time.

Comment

I assume you couldn't post this in the RR section because you had too few posts?

I am sure the mods can move it to the proper place.
        current projects

Comment

Had problems becuase I was using a BlueSoil Blue tooth. A BroadCom worked much easier.

I've got PhoneControl.exe working with my phone on it's own. However it doesn't work through road runner. When I start road runner and go into phone nothing happens. I've double checked the PhoCo's Path and it's correct, and I'm sure that I selected Road runner when I ran the Phone Control Wizard.

Has anyone had experience of this or suggest anything?
          Things to do

Comment

You can post it anywhere you please, nothing ties new users to the newbie forum...not sure why they think that?

Thread moved...
            Jan Bennett
            FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

using the demo version or "paid" version?
              2005 Nissan Xtrail
              DFI 855GME-MGF - Celeron M 1.4GHz - 256Mb RAM - 200Gb SATA HDD - OPUS 150w - Xenarc 700TSV

worklog

Comment

I'm using the demo version at the moment..... I intended to buy it later.
                Things to do

Comment

if your useing the demo

version the trail/buy splash screen comes up behind rr and will not go any further until you hit try or buy .thats why your getting nothing, try running phone control 1st then run rr,
                  Riderunner / Genesis
                  Plugin Breaker in test BassRR Plugin Player, Wifiman_NET
                  New Home for Genesis & BassRR :adding to site ,, Hellfyre night
                  Bassrr Beta Release :Version 1.3.7
                  Movie_info Release :Version 3.1.0
                  Wifiman_NET:Version 1.0.0

Every Future, Needs A Beginning

Comment

I registered and bought PhoneControl. I get further now.... but it still fails to start completely. When I run through PhoneControl Directly it seems fine.

I looked in PhoneControl's log file and noticed a couple of errors -

14/10/2007 10:36:36 PM Error in LoadPhonebook: PhoneCtl.PB.xml
                    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "C:\Program
                    Files\PhoneControl.NET\PhoneBooks\PhoneCtl.PB.xml" .
                    File name: "C:\Program Files\PhoneControl.NET\PhoneBooks\PhoneCtl.PB.xml"

14/10/2007 10:36:36 PM SavePhonebook failed!
                    System.Xml.XmlException: This an invalid XML document, The document does not have a root
                    element..
                    at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Save(String filename)
                    at PhoneCtl.NET.PhoneControl.SavePhonebook(Int32 phonebookIndex)

14/10/2007 10:36:38 PM Error in LoadPhonebook: PhoneCtl.PB.xml
                    System.ArgumentException:

DataSet can be associated with at most one XmlDataDocument. Cannot associate the DataSet with

the current XmlDataDocument because the DataSet is already associated with another

Is this all becuase of a missing file?
                    Can someone send me an example of the PhoneCtl.PB.xml?
                    Attached Files
                    Things to do

Comment

plz check the thread "new phoco integration"..that will solve many issues you have..setting up phoco is a bit of a nightmare..

Comment

Working...
                      X