XM stops playing upon pressing "MUSIC" from main menu

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XM stops playing upon pressing "MUSIC" from main menu

I am experiencing the issue as described in the title of this post. Does anyone know if there's a way to keep XM playing until you actually select an MP3 file to play instead of stopping when pressing "MUSIC" from the main menu?

It would make more sense to stop XM audio output upon starting playing of an MP3 file...as it is now, there's silence as I'm scrolling through to figure out what music to listen to from the hard drive.

Think of it this way...if I just want to show a passenger in the car all the music I have, but not select anything for playing, I can't do this without stopping XM audio output!

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!

The only way would be to change the resume music setting, to the false/never setting..

If that doesn't work, than it cant be done, as that would be hardcoded into RR.
    RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
    Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
    Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
    RRMedia
    RRExtended
    DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Not sure about your setup, but on mine, XM is on the line in/mic input. Music is on winamp (wav/master). If XM continued to play after selecting music, there would be no command to mute the line-in and it would continue to play with your music (wav/master).

Is it just dead air? When I go from XM to music, it starts playing where ever I left off before. No dead air.

Dan
      My opinion is my own.

Comment

That is exactly what he is trying to prevent, he wants it to continue the xm even when going into the music section.

Something that you could do would be to create a button (hidden maybe) and have it directly load the audiobrowser from the main, or xm screen. That should get you what you are trying to achieve!
        RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
        Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
        Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
        RRMedia
        RRExtended
        DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

What I discovered (after spending time digging through settings) is that if you play an MP3 from the hard drive, then switch to XM, then press that "MUSIC" button again, it resumes the original MP3 you had playing. This is better than dead silence (I hadn't initiated playing of an MP3 off the hard drive before starting XM, so there was nothing to resume), but still doesn't allow for simply browsing available MP3s while continuing XM output. I'm going to work more tonight and see what I can find.

Thanks for the help, guys.

Comment

Working...
          X