Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Anyone Using RR/DigitalFX/New RRConfig/iG4 Gotten Music to Pause?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Has Anyone Using RR/DigitalFX/New RRConfig/iG4 Gotten Music to Pause?

    I've posted this question in the bodies of a couple of threads, but nobody has answered. Hopefully, it will get more attention in its own thread.

    A few of us who are using the combination of newest RR, newest RRConfig, newest DigitalFX and iG4 are unable to get music to pause when iG is saying directions. It worked flawlessly for me with the previous versions of all of those.

    So the question is: Has anybody using that combination been able to make music pause when iG is saying directions?

    If so, I sure would be interested in seeing your RRConfig settings and rr.ini entries.

  • #2
    I haven't been able to get that function to work either. Haven't even gotten it to simply lower the volume. This is quite annoying though. As a way around it, I have set my wave volume to around 80% and the IG volume all the way up. This way at least the IG voice is slightly louder than music. Downside to this though is I have to turn up the volume twice as much as compared to the factory radio/cd. If I leave all the volumes at max, then the factory radio/cd volume matches the carpc volume...but then you can't hear the IG directions very well.

    catch 22 right now.

    I'd be interested in a fix as well. Tried everything I've seen in threads to get it to work, but nothing seems to work. Going to re-install everything this morning though.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by nst6563 View Post
      I haven't been able to get that function to work either. Haven't even gotten it to simply lower the volume. This is quite annoying though. As a way around it, I have set my wave volume to around 80% and the IG volume all the way up. This way at least the IG voice is slightly louder than music. Downside to this though is I have to turn up the volume twice as much as compared to the factory radio/cd. If I leave all the volumes at max, then the factory radio/cd volume matches the carpc volume...but then you can't hear the IG directions very well.

      catch 22 right now.

      I'd be interested in a fix as well. Tried everything I've seen in threads to get it to work, but nothing seems to work. Going to re-install everything this morning though.
      Thanks, nst. Please let us know if reinstall is successful.

      Comment


      • #4
        pauses for me just fine.. it pauses the same way in every skin just fine using the new config
        mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
        Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
        Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
          pauses for me just fine.. it pauses the same way in every skin just fine using the new config
          Thanks, Sonic. I know you use your own skin, though, and am curious whether you've done it in DigitalFX.

          Comment


          • #6
            I have it working fine in DigitalFX
            The Car 2005 Scion xB

            The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

            Comment


            • #7
              the feature is really skin-independent.. its something thats set up for you in the new rrConfig. if the config detects you're using ignative and have pauseonvoice enabled... it will as you if u'd rather lower the volume. If you hit yes it works no matter what skin you use.
              mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
              Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
              Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

              Comment


              • #8
                Perhaps someone can re-create this.

                Go to config, GPS and check the iG Native. The name of the window is iGuidance and the external radio-style button is set. The check button to reduce the volume is set and its at 10%. So now the IG Native panel (in the tree under GPS) is enabled so go in there and check all the checkmark-style buttons (the 2 auto switch and the pause). Save and exit.

                Start RR with DFX (both latest and greatest). Start music, go to gps screen, make IG say something, whatever. Go back to main menu, exit application.

                Go back to config and see if the 2 autoswitch checkmark-style and the auto pause are checked in the iGNative panel under GPS. Mine were unchecked even though I checked them when I setup using the config.

                Perhaps these steps will give some clues to the folks who know the source code inside out.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
                  the feature is really skin-independent.. its something thats set up for you in the new rrConfig. if the config detects you're using ignative and have pauseonvoice enabled... it will as you if u'd rather lower the volume. If you hit yes it works no matter what skin you use.
                  Sonic, I know that is supposed to be the case; however, n DigitalFX, volume will not pause or lower no matter what I do. I have spent hours trying to figure it out. It worked flawlessly for me until I loaded the new versons. DigitalFX does have an iGuidance autoconfig screen so there is some possibility for conflict, though I assume all the autoconfig does is put the appropriate lines in rr.ini.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TonyWare View Post
                    Perhaps someone can re-create this.

                    Go to config, GPS and check the iG Native. The name of the window is iGuidance and the external radio-style button is set. The check button to reduce the volume is set and its at 10%. So now the IG Native panel (in the tree under GPS) is enabled so go in there and check all the checkmark-style buttons (the 2 auto switch and the pause). Save and exit.

                    Start RR with DFX (both latest and greatest). Start music, go to gps screen, make IG say something, whatever. Go back to main menu, exit application.

                    Go back to config and see if the 2 autoswitch checkmark-style and the auto pause are checked in the iGNative panel under GPS. Mine were unchecked even though I checked them when I setup using the config.

                    Perhaps these steps will give some clues to the folks who know the source code inside out.
                    I have experienced similar results.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by fixerofallthing View Post
                      I have it working fine in DigitalFX
                      Are you using RR (9/30), DigitalFX(9/9), RRConfig (10/10) and IG4?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        have you checked the skin exectbl.ini to see if you have a duplicate pause setting by chance? duplicate entries tend to cancel each other out in RR
                        mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                        Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                        Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
                          have you checked the skin exectbl.ini to see if you have a duplicate pause setting by chance? duplicate entries tend to cancel each other out in RR
                          Bingo! Thats the issue (thank you!).

                          Found an extra set of pause related lines in the exectbl.ini under the rr directory. Don't ask me how they got there, I don't remember if I put there there myself while I was playing around or it came with it. The only pause-related lines now exist in the exectbl.ini under the DFX skin itself and everything else has been commented out.

                          / Toggle the Auto Pause of Winamp On and Off when iGuidance Speaks
                          "AUTOPauseON","SETVAR;pauseonvoice;1||SAVETOINI;pa useonvoice;1||SETIND;!AutoPauseOn;ON||SETIND;!Auto PauseOff;OFF"
                          "AUTOPauseOff","SETVAR;pauseonvoice;0||SAVETOINI;p auseonvoice;0||SETIND;!AutoPauseOn;OFF||SETIND;!Au toPauseOff;ON"

                          Still for the music to go all the way down to 0 the IG volume should be set to 4 out of the 5 lines in the IG volume menu for the music volume reduce to work.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Thanks to Sonic, it appears that we're starting to nail down this issue. I found two exectbl.ini files, one in the Road Runner folder and the other in the DigitalFX folder. The one in the Road Runner folder was created by RRConfig. That tells me there must be some sort of conflict going on between the new Config and DigitalFX. I deleted the exectbl.ini in the RoadRunner folder and the music volume is now lowering when iGuidance speaks, but it is not pausing. I can live with that because at least now I can hear the iGuidance directions; however, I prefer pausing. FWIW, screen switching is working just fine. Maybe Blue and JohnWPB can get together and figure out how to eliminate this issue.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by TonyWare View Post
                              Still for the music to go all the way down to 0 the IG volume should be set to 4 out of the 5 lines in the IG volume menu for the music volume reduce to work.
                              Tony, I'm a little confused by this statement. Are you getting the music to actually pause or just reduce to zero volume?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X