upside down monitor problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upside down monitor problem

OK in order to get my touch screen to mount nicely in the dash i installed it upside down and then used the video card drivers to flip the screen so that it is right side up.

My problem is that when you exit RR it refreshes the screen or something and causes the screen to flip back to normal(which makes it upside down).

Any one have any suggestions to prevent RR from doing this refresh or what ever.

Thanks,

~Peter

You could probably use AutoIT to script it so that it changes back again.

KPJUK
    M1000, 512MB, 512MB CF, 6GB Disk (4200rpm),
    DVD/RW, Dynamix 8" screen, M2-ATX, Custom case,Too many hours building and rebuilding and rebuild.......

Comment

Why do you need to mount it upside? I'm guessing it's because of the buttons, but cant you reloacte them?
      cashtexts - Earn money for receiving text messaged offers
      cashtexts review not a scam
      Space Navigator - 6 Axis input device: Take it apart - Driver App
      RRCam - Video/webcam capture, text overlay, and recording: 2.0 Stable

Comment

Try running RR at the same resolution and color quality as windows...that may be the 'screen refresh' you are seeing--RR telling windows to change the resolution back to it's previous state.
        CarPC in my 82 Camaro. Dual core atom, M4-ATX, 7 lilliput, bu353 GPS, Reborn skin, punch 40/100ix
        MediaLaunch for RR
        Online Check for RR
        Locker for RR

Comment

Yes, RR does set the screen back to its original resolution.. but I can add a prevention so it doesn't do that in the case it didn't change the resolution in first place.
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by inh View Post
            Why do you need to mount it upside? I'm guessing it's because of the buttons, but cant you reloacte them?
            It is just a the easiest way to do it. This way i don't have to hack the case apart

Try running RR at the same resolution and color quality as windows
            It is!

Yes, RR does set the screen back to its original resolution.. but I can add a prevention so it doesn't do that in the case it didn't change the resolution in first place.
            This would be great please let me know when you have it implemented.

Thanks a million!

~Peter

Comment

Was this change ever implemented?

Comment

yes, the latest beta will not touch the resolution when not specified in RR.INI.
                Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Cool--when will the beta be released?

Comment

Originally posted by PeterK2003 View Post
                    Cool--when will the beta be released?
                    ahhh it was released on Dec 6th--I didn't realize it b/c the last sticky was from 11-2

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X