Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is there a wall to poll for directory list paths?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there a wall to poll for directory list paths?

I know there is a way to get the paths of tracks in a playlist, but is there a way to poll for the paths to directories in a directory list? I didnt see anything in skin commands. I'd like to show a thumbnail for each item in the directory list.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

you won't find away

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
    I know there is a way to get the paths of tracks in a playlist, but is there a way to poll for the paths to directories in a directory list? I didnt see anything in skin commands. I'd like to show a thumbnail for each item in the directory list.
    with that wall in the way LOL....

sorry not constructive i know
    Riderunner / Genesis
    Plugin Breaker in test BassRR Plugin Player, Wifiman_NET
    New Home for Genesis & BassRR :adding to site ,, Hellfyre night
    Bassrr Beta Release :Version 1.3.7
    Movie_info Release :Version 3.1.0
    Wifiman_NET:Version 1.0.0

Every Future, Needs A Beginning

Comment

You can do that with Flash using the CUSTOMDL variable, which contains both paths and display titles of each item. This is in skin commands.txt

If you're talking about doing that from outside RR, then you'd have to poll the current path with DLPATH then scan the folders/files yourself.
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

duh .. no idea how i didnt know about CUSTOMDL after all this time. I'm confused about the splits though. I understand that each line is split by chr(13) but how is the info in each line split. I believe skin commands.txt says the line's info is split by 0x0D but i dont know what character number that is when it comes to flash. i believe its chr(10), but when i try to split a line with chr(10) the array only has 1 element. If i just display CUSTOMDL on my skin it shows the TYPE and NAME of the list items but not the paths.

Comment

ok i got it to work using DLPATH add LISTTEXT add "folder.jpg"

Comment

duh.. i wish i read this thread 3 nights ago when I was doing my flash directory ilist with album art. I just ended up coding from the cutsomdl and getting the path by hand. Oh well...
            04 Acura TL w/ core2duo 2ghz laptop w/ 1gb RAM on a docking station.

Fast car, fast PC. ;)

http://www.arcdesigns.net/carpc/

My TL CarPC ver2

FSR Flash Skin w/ moving weather maps

Comment

i stumbled upon it by accident.. thats how i get most of my work done it seems lol. CUSTOMDL is a GREAT feature added by guino for us flash guys.. i guess i just dont totally understand how to manipulate it.

Comment

First 3 chars are the type (DIR/SNG etc), then the path, then 0x0A (chr 10) and the display title -- only if available/required/used (i.e. ID3 Browse function), then 0x0D and same thing on the next lines.. I know this works cause CDR and others have used it for ages. You must of course declare a label with CUSTOMDL and have a dir list in the screen.
                Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Working...
                X