iGuidance in RR issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iGuidance in RR issue

i'm having a problem with iGuidance in RR. iGuidance runs fine outside of RR, but when inside RR, it doesn't want to accept a GPS signal. when i first initialize GPS, it locates my position, but when i start moving, the position doesn't update. i also cannot get coordinates on my position or calculate a route. anyone have an idea?

Are IG and RR fighting over the same COM port for the GPS receiver?
    Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2

Comment

very good possibility. using blue zx3 rr config util, i set up the external gps specifying the com port as 3. i was assuming it was asking for the com port that iG is using, but should they be different?

Comment

Change the GPS port specified in the config. Think of it like this. RR itself is a kind of GPS program.

Or use xport to split the GPS com port that both IG and RR can use.
        Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2

Comment

ok, ill give it a shot. thanks for the help.

Comment

I had didn;t know there would be a porblem. My comm port for both iGuidance and RR were set at 5. I simply changed the RR comm port to 6 (an unused port) and it works great now!

Comment

If you want to take advantage of RR features that require GPS information, you will need to download and use a program called xport. This will assign your GPS reciever to more than one comport so that things like this don't happen.
              This would probably be you next question anyway...
              New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
              New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
              "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

Comment

I am running xport

Comment

I'll lay money that you have the same port mapped to iGuidance as you do to RR in the config. RR will access the port first as it loads your nav program after loading itself.
                  "the universe has a way of balancing itself"

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3.../Webbanner.jpg

Comment

hi im having the same problem. after reading this thread i downloaded xport and now my gps is on ports 6 and 7. i have RR on port 6 and iG o port 7. iG works fine standalone but when i go into RR i still get "Waiting for GPS Signal..." what else am i missing?
                    [::::::::::] 100% - Planning
                    [::::::::::] 80% - Computer
                    [::::::::::] 0% - Fabbing
                    CarPC:
                    SP13000 / 120GB SATA 2.5" / 512MB DDR
                    8" Innovatek TS / Globalsat BU-353 / Engenius EUB-362 EXT
                    Slot load DVDRW / PS3 Wireless Keyboard

Comment

My problem is a little different. I'm using the newest RR build from 12/07 and IG3. Fresh install onto a fresh install of XP. I set the GPS port to 8 in RR config (using the new program by blue zx3) and have IG using port 9. Xport splits the ports.

When in RR and I hit the GPS button it brings up iguidance and it seems to take a while to get a signal. While it's trying, my music playing stutters and freezes pretty bad. Eventually (1 minute +) it locks on and I'm good. When I go back in and out of the GPS screen, no problems.

IG3 seems to work fine outside of RR. This is a new issue on this install, I never ran into it before. Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                      X