Pink Ilist,,, BAD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pink Ilist,,, BAD

I have had no trouble with the ilists up until now.
    I was using some screen capture programs to take a video of RR in action.
    Since then I have had pink ilists when they should be transparent.
    Any ideas..
    Here is the code I am using
    Ilist code
    IL,PL,RGBFF00FF,RGBFF00FF,,2,20,50

Play List Code
    S,123,325,660,144,255,255,255,0,0,0,255,255,255,36 ,36,255,255,255,255,TRUE,#PLAYLISTFontsize#,#FONT1 #

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files
    New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
    New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
    "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

Yikes! Looks like you are gonna have to re-do your skin to match the iLists!

Hahahah sorry. I have not seen that happen before, are you running XP or Vista?
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

XP, the thing is the ilists were working great. I dont know if it is just my computer or if this is an RR thing. I tried switching it to use the transparency.bmp instead by then I get a blank list. I read the thread on that problem but did not have an answer for me. I have all the color settings as they were and filled in. But for some reason I get pink. Im guessing this is the color used for transparency and that transparency for some reason is not working.

Comment

Ok Problem solved, it was one of the screen capture programs I was using. I did a system restore and VOILA! problem solved.
        Thanks john for tapping in...

Comment

I have an issue with this now as well. But only if I am using 16-bit mode in the display properties. I'm trying to solve some performance issues when using igo8 and 16-bit helps alot, but now I have the pink lists... damnit. any ideas?
          "the universe has a way of balancing itself"

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3.../Webbanner.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Spawn12336 View Post
            I have an issue with this now as well. But only if I am using 16-bit mode in the display properties. I'm trying to solve some performance issues when using igo8 and 16-bit helps alot, but now I have the pink lists... damnit. any ideas?
            Run far away from igo8?
            I am the stig's cousin.

Comment

I got rid of mine by copying all the .bmp files from DFX4 into my skin and reset the IL,,,, line to match John's.
              HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Originally posted by lewcamino View Post
                Run far away from igo8?
                Being one of the guys who has done the majority of the work making iGO8 usable in a carpc, I'll stick with it... but thanks for your input (do a search for spawngo8, and no, i will not distribute). I've been using it since January in my truck and had no complaints.

Thanks GizmoQ, I'll try that.

Comment

I have a problem with iList as well, its similar to your guys problem but different. I attached a couple of pictures of it. The list gets distorted once in a while, but if I move the distorted part out of viewable area and bring it back it fixes it. Its very random when it happens. Lets say I have the playlist on shuffle and I press forward, the list will get distorted, if i press back and forward again it will be fine.

anyone else seen this?
                  Attached Files
                  Installed
                  Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
                  512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
                  Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
                  [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

GizmoQ, that worked, so apparently text mod ilists cannot show transparent in 16-bit display mode. A little editing in photoshop to match the skin and all is well.

Comment

Actually, I admit I dont completely understand the IL,,,, command and I was missing one of the .bmp files that were required for the skin.

Glad it worked for you.
                      HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

One work around is to use a solid pink .bmp that is sized to 800x480 or 800x600 depending on your resolution.

Nice screencap of shock series skin I've been seeing more and more of this skin in production use lately
                        Build Things, it keeps your brain busy.

AutoPC v1 (Retired) - AutoPC v2 (in progress) - www.shocknet.us

Comment

any info on my issue? anyone else seen it?
                          Installed
                          Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
                          512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
                          Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
                          [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

The color is actually called magenta and has historically been used for video overlays. Some video players and video capture programs will set this. Roadrunner may be using this trick to produce transparencies.

The only fix I've been able to find is to decrease your video acceleration settings. Not saying that there aren't others.

Some history and the "fix" here.

Comment

Originally posted by Quattro View Post
                              any info on my issue? anyone else seen it?
                              It looks like the DirectX is either running out of resources and/or discarding the bitmap surface (thus rolling the list re-builds the surface might fix it)... but that is odd (unless you just resumed from hibernation/standby)... check how much memory you've alocated for the video card, update DirectX if possible or try a different resolution (even if just to test).
                              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                              "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Working...
                              X