Slider based off finger position?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slider based off finger position?

Ok, im sure people have notied the sliders how they +5, or whatever u set it to, all the way to were u want to drag it.. it takes time and patience lol.. and kind of feels odd.

Just wondering anyway to make it go off your finger position, so its instant..

and so also when u slide it, it keeps up with your finger and feels much better?

This has been discussed.. the issue is making a click on say the top of the master volume when it's all the way to the bottom and thus making a jump onto a level that you have no clue what's going to be like. Plus, it would render useless the volume tables that you can configure in RR.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

any hope for implementing a new islider say? In future, that would work like ive mentioned?

Comment

01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
        01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
        mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

Originally posted by liquid_smoke View Post
          Um, I guess this is where you put something witty.WITTY

My Web site, in the design stage. http://home.comcast.net/~cstrachn

Modified RRSkinEditor http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65723

Comment

yes gain momentum thread!

Comment

Could be done, but not for volumes I'm afraid.
              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
              "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

CL Sliders

The new CL sliders work this way. When viewing a list of songs, background images, file lists, ect, clicking the center of the slider, will instantly scroll to the halfway point in your song list. (They also follow you finger very well)

Unfortunately, as Guino mentioned, they do not work for volume control, or on the mixer screens

Here is the slider I use on my Audio Browser screen:

Code:
                S01,448,138,40,376,445,138,45,376,V,01,"Slider1.png",15,"DLSLIDER",""
                Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

good to know. thanks!

Comment

Guino, or anyone else that knows. Did RR ever get a block out for gestures. so like when sliding volume or anything in the EQ menus you could block out the gestures from poping up. I was using RR a couple days ago and noticed that a newer skin gave me gestures when using sliders. If so does anyone use this "keep out"?

Kind of "off topic". just wanted to know.

Comment

Disable Gestures in defined area's

Yes, you use a NG area to define area's that gestures are to be ignored. Over sliders, GPS Map dragging, Scribble Pad ect.

The command is as follows:

/, (NG) No-Gesture Area
                      /, x y w h
                      /, --- --- --- ---
                      NGX,XXX,XXX,XXX,XXX

They show up in the skin editor as pink outlines, but can not be moved or altered, and have to be done by hand. You happen to know of anyone that could fix that pRoFiT?
                      Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Thats funny john. Cant believe i never came back to check this thread. Now i have my carputer up and running its been bothering me when i try to adjust volume and damn thing goes to next song or back or pause.

Oh and it looks like guino has been making skineditor changes latley. i sent you or guino the skineditor source or someone awhile back. I seems like i never have anytime anyways.

Anyways thanks i will have to text edit the skin file . My pc has crashed like 3 times the year already! So i havn't had time to load up the skineditor stuff. I dont even have visual studio loaded right now. It sucks!!! Maybe i will try guinos latest skineditor version.

Comment

Welcome Back! The Gesture area's have been fixed in the skin editor. Guino added the ability to put a background of choice in the editor directory for transparent skins. This allow you to actually see a transparent skin in the editor now

BlueXZ3 was the last to make modifications to the skin editor. He added some new menu stuff, and the way to suppress the "Skin has been saved" dialog. Now there is just a large yellow bar at the bottom of the editor that appears when the skin is saved for confirmation, stays a couple seconds and disappears.

I also added code to the objects.txt that will no longer delete the pos (position settings) when the skin is saved, and made the font a bit larger as well as the dialog boxes longer so all text appears when you edit somethings properties.

So lets just say the skin editor has definitely not died, and new stuff is being added and upgraded all the time

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                          X