Not the same White Square !!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not the same White Square !!!

Do me a favor, install Winspectorspy, and when the box shows up, move the target from winspector over that window and see which process and window name/title/class that box has.. cause there's nothing in RR that looks like that.. so it may be something else...

EDIT: WTF ?? Why is my quick-reply posting at the TOP of the thread while keeping the other posts in chronological order... ?!? I did it twice and twice it did the same thing... ?!?
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

The board is all screwed up. The newest posts are at the last page. All replays are on top of every thread.

Comment

Originally posted by guino View Post
      Do me a favor, install Winspectorspy, and when the box shows up, move the target from winspector over that window and see which process and window name/title/class that box has.. cause there's nothing in RR that looks like that.. so it may be something else...

EDIT: WTF ?? Why is my quick-reply posting at the TOP of the thread while keeping the other posts in chronological order... ?!? I did it twice and twice it did the same thing... ?!?
      OK, Will Do
      I spotted your post anyway................perhaps it knows your Number One (#1)
      Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
      Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
      Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

Comment

Not the same White Square !!!

Sometimes ( and only sometimes) after returning from hibernation I get a white square appear in the top left hand corner on top of whatever screen I'm in. If I exit RR and re-boot...problem gone.
        I have been running flash 8 (as per the FAQ) with a spinning logo for as long as I can remember without any problems. Now recently I get this.
        Anyone ?

Comment

Started getting the same thing when i started to use iLists. Coming out of hibernation, music wouldn't play so i exit RR and there was that white box. It also affects winamp cause every time the box appears, winamp volume drops to 0

There are some threads about that box but nothing conclusive. I just went back to shut-down and cold boot - no problems; takes a little longer but not as long as fixing the troubles caused by the white box.
          OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
          Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
          Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
          BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
          M2-ATX Power Supply
          RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
          Windows XP SP3

Comment

I noticed that the box goes as soon as RR exits on my system so re-booting RR solves the problem....I don't have to do a windows boot.

Comment

can you try a different skin ? also, what method of hibernation is being used ? I wonder if that could be due to something moving windows around when returning from hibernation... try minimizing and restoring RR to see what happens as well.. any chance of a screenshot ?
              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
              "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

can you try a different skin ? also, what method of hibernation is being used ? I wonder if that could be due to something moving windows around when returning from hibernation... try minimizing and restoring RR to see what happens as well.. any chance of a screenshot ?
                I'm using BMV2, have done from the start. Not sure which method of hibernation is being used.....a white bar just zips across the screen and my nav screen pops up. When I minimise and restore RR, the white square is covered by the screen but still remains on the desktop....it only dissapears when I exit RR.
                I'll take a screen capture asap. Bear in mind it doesn't happen every time.

Comment

It happens to me too. The place and size of the white square is the same as the Destinator's windows, which runs at the background and stays hidden...

Look here for my problem
                  http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/rr-b...r-suspend.html

Comment

Use to happen to me too when I was using GammaControl.exe. I have stopped using this method to control gamma and I have not had any white box issue since.

Comment

I don't use Gammacontrol

Comment

Sorry about the delay.......here's what I get. The white square appears sometimes when I come out of hibernation. If I minimise RR it's on the desktop still. If I exit RR, it dissappears. If I re-start RR....no problems.
                        Attached Files

Comment

THAT'S IT!!!!

PS: If you want it to disappear, just tap it no need to restart RR

Comment

Originally posted by agiorgitis View Post
                            THAT'S IT!!!!

PS: If you want it to disappear, just tap it no need to restart RR
                            Err...NOT QUITE. Tap it and Yes it goes, but swap to say, the Nav screen and a portion of it is still seen

Comment

That thing made me give up hibernation all toguether..
                              OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
                              Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
                              Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
                              BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
                              M2-ATX Power Supply
                              RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
                              Windows XP SP3

Comment

Working...
                              X