X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feat request:

this is a 2fer

1:

we need a sub forum specifically for feature request for RR and for plugins. I feel like a lot of the request for features get lost in the forum and go un noticed. It would be nice to have a place where these are all stored for future reference for someone looking to maybe create a plugin etc.

2:

For RR, is it possible to add mouse events for items.

For example,

mouse in and mouse out events that i can associate a command to.

RR already is tracking the mouse when it enters and leaves an area like a button etc, but currently only has 1 action tied to it, mouse down.

I would like to set some vars and run commands when the mouse enters a specific area and also when it leaves. Anyone familiar with actionscript will know what i mean.

The easiest way (to me at least) would be to create a new object that is a mouse event object that i can place and move around in the skin editor and associate standard RR commands to execute whenever the mouse enters the box.
    I plan to put these directly ontop of buttons, labels and anything else in the RR ui, so it shouldn't block anything else from behaving as it normally does.
    OR
    Maybe extend the button object to include different commands for different mouse events?

"i thought this was a 2fer?" i lied

I, and few other people would really love to be able to have a menuscreen (popups) onscreen and also be able to still interact with the screen underneath. This would significantly improve the way screens can be designed and features layed out. Instead of packing a screen with buttons etc, you can move them to menu screen that would popup in a specific area with the option to leave it open and still use the features on the previous screen. Basically child windows.

opinions?

Thanks, as always
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
    mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Originally posted by liquid_smoke View Post
    I, and few other people would really love to be able to have a menuscreen (popups) onscreen and also be able to still interact with the screen underneath. This would significantly improve the way screens can be designed and features layed out. Instead of packing a screen with buttons etc, you can move them to menu screen that would popup in a specific area with the option to leave it open and still use the features on the previous screen. Basically child windows.
    I definately second that ! I miss this feature since my change from FrodoPlayer (RIP) to RoadRunner. Although I guess that adding this feature will result in a lot of work.

Comment

3rd

[QUOTE=Konrad;1158171]I definately second that ! QUOTE]

Riderunner / Genesis
      Plugin Breaker in test BassRR Plugin Player, Wifiman_NET
      New Home for Genesis & BassRR :adding to site ,, Hellfyre night
      Bassrr Beta Release :Version 1.3.7
      Movie_info Release :Version 3.1.0
      Wifiman_NET:Version 1.0.0

Every Future, Needs A Beginning

Comment

RR with mouse events like actionscript does, would be sooooo nice!!!.
        BASSRR ==> [Audio Player/MusicDB/Cd Player/Ripper/Rate/Internet Radio/Audio Capture/Youtube Video]
        RRTube ==> [View/Download Youtube Videos]
        WifiMan ==> [Wifi Manager]
        RRec ==> [Audio Capture]

If You Want To Be Given Everything, Give Everything Up ...
        Bird York -- In The Deep --

Comment

Another vote

Comment

Don't know if any one else noticed but when you have a popup over ilist you can still scroll and select different tracks.

Comment

Menu pop-ups and feature requests

Hahahah I Just PM'd Guino a couple days ago asking for a for the very same thing, a feature requests sub forum! hahaha

The Menu pop-up with interacting with the rest of the skin behind would be awesome! Skins can so easily get cluttered with buttons, and being able to have a menu replace certain sections of the skin would solve a lot of those problems.

For instance on say an audio screen, there are a cluster of buttons, search, add 1, playlists, shuffle ect. Press the playlist button, and a menu could appear over that cluster of buttons with new functions, save playlist, delete playlist, rename playlist ect.
              Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

this is a 2fer

Maybe I'm missing something, but couldn't this be duplicated by just using another skin file for the pop up and leaving the commands for the "underneath" skin?

Comment

I'm thinking no...because buttons, labels, ect...have to be within the image(s) used for the current screen be-it full screen or a menu screen..

I could be wrong...never tried but that would be my understanding..
                  RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
                  Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                  Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                  RRMedia
                  RRExtended
                  DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Originally posted by slvrsol View Post
                    Maybe I'm missing something, but couldn't this be duplicated by just using another skin file for the pop up and leaving the commands for the "underneath" skin?
                    yes you could do this but it would be a huge pain in the ***. Basicly you are just creating a new screen that has the look of a popup. The problem comes when you need to make changes to the skin, now you have an extra .skin file you have to edit. If you had a global popup for example that you could access from any screen, this would essentially double your .skin files as you would have to create a duplicate of all screens with a version that had the pseudo popup. For skins like mine, that are all ready huge with over 250 .skin files you can see how this becomes an editing nightmare.

beer replenishment fund
                    mp3car live search

Comment

Well...don't have so many skin files then...

Would be a nice added bonus if were added..

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                      Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                      RRMedia
                      RRExtended
                      DFXVoice

Comment

Originally posted by fantamos View Post
                        Don't know if any one else noticed but when you have a popup over ilist you can still scroll and select different tracks.
                        ive noticed this also. You can also do this on the google earth screen when a popup is ontop of the map. Technically this is a bug, but one that we want to keep and have enabled everywhere.

beer replenishment fund
                        mp3car live search

Comment

Popup/Child windows:
                          There's only a concert with performance on keeping too many windows being updated/processed at once.. but otherwise it has been a feature that I wanted to add at some point.

Mouse events:
                          This has never been a priority because the software was built towards a "touchscreen" usage, and not "desktop" usage. But it could be added.

Bug/Feature Reqs:
                          This would be nicer as a submition form on a web page, which could be read, approved/removed and/or given a priority and listed on another page. I unfortunately have no time to make/manage such page as of right now.
                          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

RE: Bugs/Feature Req

I'm guessing that tomorrow doesn't look good either....

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                            Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                            RRMedia
                            RRExtended
                            DFXVoice

Comment

Working...