Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XM Radio window displays MP3

Hello all,

So today suddenly my music has taken on some odd behavior. The normal MP3 library works fine, but when I go to listen to my XM the data in RR is incorrect.

The regular XM window appears, but instead of the channels and artists being listed, items from my current playlist are shown instead. There is no way to get RR to tune into my XM channels.

I am running the latest version of RR with DigitalFX. The download link for DFX stated it was v2.5, but all the literature with the program seems to show that the DFX version is 2.0. Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks.

I've seen this when my tuner isn't connected to the computer. So maybe something is wrong with your tuner... USB not connected, not powered, or driver not setup right??
    My setup: Hummer H3, iBase MB899, Intel Core Duo, RR, iGv3, DSATX, Mechatroniks chassis, 41Hz AMP3

Comment

Originally posted by jeffw View Post
      I've seen this when my tuner isn't connected to the computer. So maybe something is wrong with your tuner... USB not connected, not powered, or driver not setup right??
      yes this is the problem. if xm is not detected or you dont have the port correctly set in rr.ini you will see mp3 on the xm screen.
      mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
      Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
      Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Excellent guys, that was it. I had lost the +12V line to the tuner.

Seems like an odd response to have the channel window filled with the current playlist...

Thanks.

Comment

Can't quite get it right

Sorry to revive an old post, but this problem is what I am experiencing. I have wires everywhere in my vehicle and can see the power light on the MP3car XM box, but I still get the MP3s in the xm radio list.

What I have tried.

Confirmed the USB and com port for the XM box are in device manager
          Checked that the XM box is on COM5
          Gone into the RR config interface and set the port to 5
          Still getting MP3s not XM channels.

Could you help with some additional troubleshooting ideas?

Can't remember if I plugged the XM box in 1st or installed drivers 1st. If I did this wrong, could it cause my current problems?

Thanks for any help.

Comment

confirm your xm unit is turning on with another program. something like mitchjs's application would work just fine. If it doesnt turn on using that app chances are ur unit is not properly connected/powered. If it does turn on u know its ur rr.ini thats the culprit
            mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
            Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
            Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
              confirm your xm unit is turning on with another program. something like mitchjs's application would work just fine. If it doesnt turn on using that app chances are ur unit is not properly connected/powered. If it does turn on u know its ur rr.ini thats the culprit
              Thanks for the direction. I used the app and it was saying that the tuner was not registered. Called XM and within ~15 mins was up and running!

Woo-hoo!

Comment

Working...
              X