No announcement yet.

Media from USB

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Media from USB

I hope this is the right place.

OK im using a 4gb CF card for my OS.I dont have that much room 4 music there so what i wanted to do was mold a usb plug in the dash and have a external usb thumb drive with my music (etcon it.That way when im ready to update what i wanna listen to its real easy.

So how do i get RR to see the drive?

In the config i selected Removable drive E and once in program it dosent see the files.

This might help
    Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
    Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
    BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
    M2-ATX Power Supply
    RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
    Windows XP SP3

There's a FAQ on making shortcuts to browse any drive/path in the computer from the browsers. search for BROWSE.RRL
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Another option is use a skin that can access your thumb drive via shortcut. There are a variety of skins that has those shortcuts available.

At the top of my head, might want to take a look at the following skins:
        Crystal Blue
        Omega (I think)
        Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2

Thanks guys.I will look into all that when I get home.

The latest shock skin is set up to work with media launch. I created the media launch program because I wanted to be able to easily use usb drives for audio/video.
            CarPC in my 82 Camaro. Dual core atom, M4-ATX, 7 lilliput, bu353 GPS, Reborn skin, punch 40/100ix
            MediaLaunch for RR
            Online Check for RR
            Locker for RR