Setting up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up

Well I've been trying to figure this out and searching the boards.....and haven't found anything. Fortunatly the cable I've been waiting on (the macpac) to put my mac in the car came today...unfortunatly I'm having some trouble setting up roadrunner...

when I put the path to my music library, and go into RR..nothing shows up in the library? None of my songs are there. Is there a limit to the amount of songs that RR will recognize or something?
    Take 2 - '03 Audi A4
    macmini with an 8" widescreen (in progress)

My 2004 Ford Ranger:
    14" LCD w/ custom made aluminum bezel
    Completly custom computer case

I would double check your settings as I have 60Gig of music and it shows it all fine. Have you set the audio file types properly as it used to anyway only have mp3 in it so if your using say wma it wont see them.
    Visit my site V8 Scimitar

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

Comment

that's exactly what it was..thanks.

That field was blank..so i added mp3 and wma.

Now I'm just trying to sort out my library. There's gotta be a simplier solution than this. I think this whole front end thing is over complicating things...but I'll give it a shot.

All I really need is a nice program to display my songs (kinda like the ipod interface...I can find my songs quickly)
      I really don't need or want the other features...I'm not so sure about this whole front end business.......
      Take 2 - '03 Audi A4

My 2004 Ford Ranger:

Comment

RR isn't the easiest by any means and it has been bloated out a lot lately but it is one of the best. I have been using it very reliably for around two years now so stick with it.

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

Comment

I guess it's just the whole music thing that's bothering me. I have about 3k songs (which is probably a pretty small library) and to have them all shown in a list with no way to sort them isn't really practical.

You mentioned you have 60 gigs worth of music...how do you navigate through your library? What skin are you using?
          Take 2 - '03 Audi A4

My 2004 Ford Ranger:

Comment

Old way of browsing can be a pain, you have 3 total options of browsing you music: standard way(folder/files), build the winamp library and use the --Artist--,--albums-- at the top of the browser list, or use my up comming RR Media plugin.
            RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
            Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
            Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
            RRMedia
            RRExtended
            DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

As above use the winamp library although I don't, I use folders and files.

Comment

so you just have a folder for every artist, with their songs inside..? So how would you go about searching my song instead of artist?

I'll read up on the winamp library though..

thanks
                Take 2 - '03 Audi A4

My 2004 Ford Ranger:

Comment

There are various searches available in RR, read the FAQ on it:
                  http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/rr-f...sn-t-work.html
                  Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                  "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Working...
                  X