RR and mappoint

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR and mappoint

I've got mappoint 2006 installed, and and just installed the latest RR but I cant figure out how to tell the RRconfig.exe to use mappoint.

I selected the Mappoint radio button, and even went so far as to give the complete path to MapPoint.exe (including the string "MapPoint.exe" at the end of the path statement) in both the MaP Monkey path box as well as in the GPS Path box.

I have also tried using the menu radio button, but when I click on GPS in RR, the menu pops up, but when I click on Mappoint, nothing happens.

I have the GPS Port set to "4" I also tried "COM4"

I've been referencing this post:
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/rr-f...plication.html
    but it doesnt seem to be working for me.

Am I missing something?

if you press gps and a menu comes up you have the menu radio button selected in rr. Either that or the skin ur using doesnt directly use the GPS command when it launches gps.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

I have been switching it back and forth between menu and mappoint. I tried the BMV skin and the LSX3.2 skin. Can you recommend a skin to try that you know works with mappoint?

also, another wierd thing is that i have the text "demo" in yellow letters at the top of the RR window. Is that normal?

Comment

thats because u have winamp's demo track loaded in winamp lol.. load your music and it will go away.
        mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
        Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
        Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
          thats because u have winamp's demo track loaded in winamp lol.. load your music and it will go away.

oh geez that was dumb.

OK so BMV skin should work for mappoint. Is there anyway to enable error logging of RR to find out whats wrong? Or could someone give me a screenshot of the GPS RRconfig part to see how it should be configured?

Comment

you just have to set the GPS port and select "Mapppoint" in RRConfig. If it works you'll see a panel like the video controls, and the map where the "video" would show in the video player. If you see your desktop behind the controls you either have an old mappoint version or don't have it installed right.
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I just installed my GPS and MapPoint 2006 and I'm having the same problem. When I click on the Navi button (lsvoid 3.2) I just get an hour glass for a split second, then nothing. I have my comport set correctly in both the RR config and the skin option.

I have everything set just as Guino spelled out in the above post. I'm sure I'm missing something silly, but if anyone can help out - it will be greatly appreciated.

BTW -
              I loaded mappoint outside of RR and gave it my gps settings... everything appeared to work properly, it's just that RR isn't launching the application.

Originally posted by opticalc View Post
              I've got mappoint 2006 installed, and and just installed the latest RR but I cant figure out how to tell the RRconfig.exe to use mappoint.

I selected the Mappoint radio button, and even went so far as to give the complete path to MapPoint.exe (including the string "MapPoint.exe" at the end of the path statement) in both the MaP Monkey path box as well as in the GPS Path box.

I have also tried using the menu radio button, but when I click on GPS in RR, the menu pops up, but when I click on Mappoint, nothing happens.

I have the GPS Port set to "4" I also tried "COM4"

I've been referencing this post:
              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/rr-f...plication.html
              but it doesnt seem to be working for me.

Am I missing something?
              Touchscreen: SHK840
              Motherboard: Intel D201GLY (mini itx)
              CPU: 1.33 GHz Celeron
              Ram: 1 GB Kingston DDR2 533
              Case: Custom

* My Worklog *

Comment

From what I'm testing here it is working fine... maybe there's a newer mappoint version which has a new control and I'm not aware of it. maybe you want to post your mappoint.ocx (zipped) so I can compare them -- or at least the properties (date/time/size/version etc).
                Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Guino and Opticalc -

I've determined that (for me) this is not a RR problem. The skin I am using (lsvoid) doesn't support Mappoint. I believe the Nav button on this skin is trying to launch IG by default. I tried adding another button that just launched an external app (MP) and it *kind of* worked.

I don't know if this sheds any light on the situation for opticalc, but this is a moot issue now for me as I am going to be using Iguidance now for various reasons.

Thanks!
                  Touchscreen: SHK840
                  Motherboard: Intel D201GLY (mini itx)
                  CPU: 1.33 GHz Celeron
                  Ram: 1 GB Kingston DDR2 533
                  Case: Custom

* My Worklog *

Comment

Mappoint problem

I can not get Mappoint 2006 to work on the latest version of Roadrunner (downloaded yesterday). When I click GPS nothing happens.

On a 4/2007 version of Roadrunner I have installed, Mappoint 2006 loads fine when clicking GPS.

I'm using alpine blue skin on both and both rrconfig settings appear to be the same.

Comment

MapPoint and the latest RoadRunner

I am also having an issue with the Late December RoadRunner. I originally built the computer and installed the early December version RoadRunner. I hit the GPS button and MapPoint loads just fine. I reloaded RoadRunner that came with the new Config utility supporting the HD Radio and now the button doesn't do anything at all. I did a clean install with no modifications or add-ons with no luck. I tried the MapPoint radio button and External with no difference. Any suggestions are welcome.

Hardware:
                      Via EPIA-M1000
                      1Gig memory
                      60Gig Laptop HD
                      Wireless, USB Bluetooth
                      Visteon HD Radio, Mitch’s interface cable
                      M2-ATX power supply
                      Lilliput 7” touchscreen

Planning:
                      [----------] 99%
                      Purchasing:
                      [----------] 99%
                      Software/Hardware debugging
                      [----------] 75%
                      Installation/:
                      [----------] 90% ibus and OBD2 next

Comment

I'm having the same issue as the poster above...
                        My carputer

Old one

Comment

>>TEST WITH THE BMV2 SKIN<<

Then ONLY IF IT WORKS, test with other skins -- A LOT of skins don't support mappoint.

If it doesn't work with the BMV2 skin: post the file properties dialog of MappointControl.ocx from mappoint's install folder.
                          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

I tried with BMV2, same thing... I also attached my rr.ini
                            Attached Files
                            My carputer

Old one

Comment

Working...
                            X