Run GPS only on second screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run GPS only on second screen

I am upgrading my system and one of the things I will have is GPS.
    Program I will use is Sygic.

My idea is now to get a 5" LCD screen and place it on my dashboard.
    This will be use only to run GPS on it.

Will this be possible using RR?? I already saw the function DualMon but I think that this is used to run DVD on a second screen and GPS on your main screen.
    My Idea is the opposite of that.
    I want to do everything else on on my touchscreen (listen to music, radio, watch movies etc) except GPS

Sygic is started now when pressing the GPS button on my skin (using the next code inside RR config screen: Y:\Program Files\DRIVE_XP\Drive.exe " " -r795x500 -p0x-0 s)

I already purchase a ATI dual video card.

Here a picture to get an idea:

Gods right foot!!

Renault Grand Espace 3.5 V6

You should just not run sygic embedded in RR (run it outside RR), extend your desktop to the 2nd monitor and have it run at that position (where the 2nd screen starts).. this will work fine, however, once you do that, your problem will be controlling sygic -- cause you touchscreen won't "reach" the second screen -- you'd have to use a mouse/keyboard/touchpad to go into the 2nd screen and do that... unless you can find a 5'' touchscreen for the 2nd monitor and somehow add/configure it to the same setup.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

OK, but why not run it embedded in RR?
      It's not that I gonna use Sygic all the time so when I close it and want to use it again I would like to start it using RR.
      I think this is the easiest way , specially if my wife drives the car

About controlling Sygic, I am think I will install something like a trackball.This will be use only for the 5" screen.
      Gods right foot!!

Comment

you CAN embed it if you want, but if you do, when you navigate off RR's GPS screen, it'll hide Sygic on the 2nd screen -- and I take it you DON"T want that.. so either run it without embedding it, or start it outside or via the Start command in RR
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Can you figure out for me how this START command as to be? and where do i need to place this??
          Gods right foot!!

Comment

in RRconfig, there's a field: "Start command" put this in:

RUN;Y:\Program Files\DRIVE_XP\Drive.exe" "-r795x500 -p0x-0 s
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

well. i did put the command where you said:

First of all, is this the right place??(i use the dutch language,sorry for that)

And if it is, when I start RR nothing happends
              Gods right foot!!

Comment

Put this command in your exectbl.ini in your RR directory or skin directory.
                Code:
                "DRIVEXP","RUN;Y:\Program Files\DRIVE_XP\Drive.exe" "-r795x500 -p0x-0 s"
                Then for your button code use this code
                Code:
                "DRIVEXP"
                This will save you some confusion and should work just fine. You may have to mess around with the positions to get it how you want it though.
                GOOD LUCK
                New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
                New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
                "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

Comment

Thanks

I will test this when my PCI VGA card arrives. Then I can attached a 7" screen that I have here just to test. (idea is to get a 5 inch screen)

When I do this, where does Sygic start?. Inside RR or outside?
                  And how can I figure out what the position needs to be to get it on the second screen and where do I need to change this ?(I think in the GPS skin??)
                  Gods right foot!!

Comment

Working...
                  X