Regaining focus to RR from iG3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regaining focus to RR from iG3

When I go to the GPS screen, iGuidance gets the focus, which is good for certain iGuidance shortcuts and typing in addresses. How can I make a shortcut to make iGuidance give focus back to RoadRunner using only the keyboard?
    2003 Nissan Xterra Worklog

Total amount spent so far: $1196.64

You will probably spend AT LEAST 2x what you initially budget for your CarPC Project!

2003 Nissan Xterra - Modifications

Are you using IGNative?

And which skin are you using?

Comment

I set a timer in the gps skin to activate RR to bring it back into focus.

Even w/ ignative=true, rr will lose focus.
      Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2

Comment

I am using ignative with the Dfx skin. I'd prefer not to have to do a timer, but I wouldn't mind having a button that changes focus if that's at all possible.

I'm using the wireless ps3 qwerty keyboard.

You will probably spend AT LEAST 2x what you initially budget for your CarPC Project!

Comment

When I go to the GPS screen the first time after the software loads up, nothing gets the focus until I click something. If I go to another screen then go back to GPS, iGuidance gets focus. My touchscreen died so I need a way to get back focus to RoadRunner.

Comment

One possibility(I'm not sure how to do this though):

A program runs in the background(Windows) that starts up with the computer. When "$" is pressed, it presses "ALT+TAB" which will essentially give RoadRunner focus.

Does anyone know how to do this^?

Maybe an AutoIt or AutoHotkey script? I'm not sure how to program them.

Comment

FYI:

Problem solved with AutoHotKey. Here's the script:

Code:
              $::Send, !{TAB}
              ^^Install AutoHotKey, Put that in an empty notepad file, save it as alttab.ahk, and run alttab.ahk. Now when you press "$," it will do an ALT+TAB, essentially giving RoadRunner focus .

Now I just need to figure out how to use iGKeys or iGNav.

Comment

Originally posted by tigergibb View Post
                When I go to the GPS screen the first time after the software loads up, nothing gets the focus until I click something. If I go to another screen then go back to GPS, iGuidance gets focus. My touchscreen died so I need a way to get back focus to RoadRunner.
                I was trying to figure out why focus was such a big deal, but it makes sense now that your touch screen isn't working.

Comment

Yeah. I don't know what's wrong with it and I don't presently have the money to waste on lilliput parts, such as an overlay, hoping they will fix the problem. I got the keyboard with my credit card points. I'm still having trouble getting to the Enter Destination Street First screen of iGuidance with a keypress.

I'd like to do it a method that's not as dirty as having AutoHotKey click the menus. Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

By the way, it's your fault that I have a computer in my Xterra. I found your thread at Xterra Firma almost a year ago and found this place.

Comment

haha

do you have any?

Comment

A couple and they're out of date but.....

It's a lot easier getting a screen mounted in an '06 than all the work you did on your '03.

Comment

Yeah.. I wanted it to look factory. I probably spent 40 hours sanding. Your install is a lot cleaner than mine, still looks nice, but not as factory as I wanted mine to look.

Comment

Eventually I want to remount the screen to make it look more factory but it works great for now.

Comment

I hope your lilliput doesn't crap out like mine did

lilliput 1: screen died, touchscreen worked
                              lilliput 2(current): screen works, touchscreen died

Comment

Working...
                              X