Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does a really long Exectbl.INI slow down RR?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does a really long Exectbl.INI slow down RR?

see title. i am about to add some serious code to my exectbl.ini and if its gonna slow it down, ill try to think of a differnt way of doing things

I never noticed a hit, performance-wise, and my skin's ExecTBL.ini file is huge.

What has affected skin startup, I noticed, is the operations you include at the start.

i.e.
    Loading variables, setting custom indicators, scripts, etc.
    Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2

Comment

thanks didnt think it did, but doesnt hurt to ask.

Comment

generally it shouldnt affect the speed... in the case that many commands are being executed in sequence, then what makes it slow down a bit is actually the execution of all the commands (which on complex skins tend to be more in number than on simpler skins).
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

k, thanks, i just wanted to make sure that RR didnt run through all the text in Exectbl.ini and put all the commands into some sort of database each time it runs. thanks again.

EDIT: another question, completely unrelated: is there anyway to get a filename using DLTEXT or LISTTEXT without the extension (in a directory list) in a label? or is there some other way?

Comment

Originally posted by tundra2000 View Post
            EDIT: another question, completely unrelated: is there anyway to get a filename using DLTEXT or LISTTEXT without the extension (in a directory list) in a label? or is there some other way?
            "SETVARBYCODE;highlighteditem;LISTTEXT"
            Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2

Comment

yea but that still gives me the extension..... (for example: .exe)

Comment

Originally posted by tundra2000 View Post
                yea but that still gives me the extension..... (for example: .exe)
                I read in your other thread that your other thread about sending commands from autoit to RR.

I'm going to assume that this is related to that.

You can pull the the "highlighted" variable into autoit and extract the filename there using StringSplit.

Another way to do it is w/ custom lists, but you'd have to define the contents of the list and their description ahead of time.

Judging from your other post, it'd be easier to do in AutoIt.

Comment

I also need to get the filename without the extension in RR, in the skinCommands.txt there something that seems to be the solution:

-----------------------------------------
                  SD,AA,MODE,ICOW,ICOH[[[,PATH],FILETYPES],EXTENSION]

EXTENSION defines if file extensions should be displayed. TRUE for displaying extension, FALSE otherwise.

I tried setting EXTENSION to false in my Directory List, but it doesnt work. Is it implemented in RR really?? Anyone else could try this??

Comment

up

Comment

Originally posted by jamedinar View Post
                      I also need to get the filename without the extension in RR, in the skinCommands.txt there something that seems to be the solution:

SD,AA,MODE,ICOW,ICOH[[[,PATH],FILETYPES],EXTENSION]

EXTENSION defines if file extensions should be displayed. TRUE for displaying extension, FALSE otherwise.

I tried setting EXTENSION to false in my Directory List, but it doesnt work. Is it implemented in RR really?? Anyone else could try this??
                      yes, this extension thing does work. however, the label "LISTTEXT" still outputs whatever is selected plus the extension. havent found a solution yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X