Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for those of you using EWF w/ RR...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for those of you using EWF w/ RR...

...how are you saving settings like resume.ini, rr.ini, etc.?

I read on blk02si's worklog that he was able to save RR settings w/ EWF enabled, but coudln't find anything on how to do it.
    Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2

He's probably writing that data off to his external HDD, but I don't know for certain.

Comment

I wrote a batch file that will commit the changes and compiled it into an exe using a batch compiler. Then I run the exe after making any changes that I want to commit. I should note that this means that ewf is disabled until your next reboot.
      2006 Subaru STI
      Voom2PC with CN700 Lilliput 7" Digimoto mOByDic
      Sirius-SR1 BU-355 - EWF/Roadrunner/LSX

Comment

The recommendation is to save the data in a writeable partition, and not onto the EWF partition, but you could use ewfmgr to commit data when desired.
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Does that mean I'd have to install rr in the writeable partition/drive?
          Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2

Comment

Or would using shortcuts work? (ie: place only the files needing to be updated on a writable partition, so the rest of the app can still benifit from the quicker access)

Comment

You should have RoadRunner.exe in a writable partition (so INI files can be saved), everything else can be in the protected partition (Skins, Images, etc).
              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
              "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I am still running RR on my EWF flash drive. I have learned to live with EWF since, for the most part, I like to boot to a consistent state.

Since I run RR as shell, the system seemed to run better with the shell on the native drive. Moving it to D:/ and trying to boot it as shell gave me a couple issues.

One way to save your settings is to have a 'power off" RR button trigger a shutdown script that runs

ewfmgr c: -commitanddisable -live

followed by

ewfmgr c: -enable

followed by the shutdown -s command
                Build Things, it keeps your brain busy.

AutoPC v1 (Retired) - AutoPC v2 (in progress) - www.shocknet.us

Comment

Cool. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X