Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me, I am a newbie with Road Runner

Hi,
    Road Runner is very power interface for car pc. I really want to use it in my car. However, I stuck myself in order to install it on my car pc.
    First, I use the installation file from one member here created to install automatically Road Runner. After that, I installed winamp, windows media classic player. After the installation was done. I got two new icon on my desktop screen. One is lauch for configure. I tried to configure some easy stuff in order not to mess up anything. Another icon is launch the Road Runner. Somehow it asked me to look for the Road Runner.msi which I dont know where and how to find it

I gave up with the automatical installation, and try to uninstall it and reinstall manually from the Roadrunnerbinary from the creator. There is no config.exe in the folder after I unzipped it. I had to down the config from the website, the lastest one. Try to config, but I dont know how to run the software. Definitely no clue how to use it. I hit Exit and Save, then the config dissapear without anything new. If I hit Save and Restart RR, it give me a error that Unable to execute the external program. The system cannot find the file specificed. If I hit Save and Restart RR w/o exit, then nothing happened, then config windows still there.

I am very frustrated because I try to read FAQ, google around the forum for help. But I did not find anything helpful for me to solve the problem. I dont want to bother people. but I really need help in this case.

Really appreciate if someone can instruct me how to solve the problem

Regards,
    duy nguyen
    Duy Nguyen
    (duyusa)
    http://www.umpcbusiness.info
    "Why do I have to keep learning everything since it is never enough to know anything? But because of insufficient knowledge about anything, everything needs to be learned."

what did u configure??? winamp? video? gps? set the debug true in page one or two from rrconfig, then launch RR.. post ur debug file... That would be a good start... U wrote a lot, but not really providing much of information needed in order for others to help you.. U need to describe precisely what you did.....

odd.. if the installation went sucessfully, you shouldn't really face many problems once you configure the basic stuffs... path for winamp... gps... backgound... that's about it...

Comment

Let's see
      the Winamp , I point to to the winamp folder I installed winamp inside the C:\Program File\Road Runner
      I chose the basic only skin it came with the installation
      point the the Music to My Music
      Don't even touch other things: GPS, Radio, External Application, ...
      Thank for your reply.
      Duy Nguyen
      (duyusa)
      "Why do I have to keep learning everything since it is never enough to know anything? But because of insufficient knowledge about anything, everything needs to be learned."

Comment

The weird thing is, when I installed by the download the lastest Installation and Update, during that installation, it execute the file (31 Mb) to install the software, it seems to unzip roadrunner.msi to somewhere. Later, I run the Launch RoadRunner icon on desktop screen after the initial configuration. It ask to get some information from the msi file which not even exist. Then I stuck there.
        Again, I only touch 3 things in the configuration: Winamp (C:\Frogram File\Road Runner\Winamp), Chosing Skin, Point the Music target to My Music.
        Duy Nguyen
        (duyusa)

Comment

i think the best idea

Originally posted by duyusa View Post
          Let's see
          the Winamp , I point to to the winamp folder I installed winamp inside the C:\Program File\Road Runner
          I chose the basic only skin it came with the installation
          point the the Music to My Music
          Don't even touch other things: GPS, Radio, External Application, ...
          Thank for your reply.
          is to show us your RR.ini,this is found in the Roadrunner folder, just attch it to a post.

i know with the latest release installer of RR the folder name has changed slighly from
          Road Runner to RoadRunner not sure if that maybe a problem.
          the RRconfig you should be able to fire up from the RR folder same for RR
          you say you have Downloaded the latest rrconfig make sure the file you downloaded is in the RR folder and make a shortcut to it on your desktop, it should work.

the rrconfig upon exit ,save, this saves your settings to the RR.ini in the rr folder thats what its for.
          Riderunner / Genesis
          Plugin Breaker in test BassRR Plugin Player, Wifiman_NET
          New Home for Genesis & BassRR :adding to site ,, Hellfyre night
          Bassrr Beta Release :Version 1.3.7
          Movie_info Release :Version 3.1.0
          Wifiman_NET:Version 1.0.0

Every Future, Needs A Beginning

Comment

I would try the installer again. It does a bunch of little things to help with the install. Run the config program, make sure winamp is installed and you should be set. No need to install MPC. Absolutely post your config so we can see what is going on.... Make sure the config is located in the Road Runner folder.
            CarPC in my 82 Camaro. Dual core atom, M4-ATX, 7 lilliput, bu353 GPS, Reborn skin, punch 40/100ix
            MediaLaunch for RR
            Online Check for RR
            Locker for RR

Comment

I will take some photo, send the ini file very soon to get help from you guys, it is so great that I have a hope I can run Road Runner from your helps. Appreciate it!
              Duy Nguyen
              (duyusa)

Comment

First, I downloaded the Installshield from W3bMa5t3r on mp3car.com (31 mb)
                Second, I run the Installshield to install the Road Runner on C:\Program Files\Road Runner
                Third, I installed Winamp 2.59 to folder C;\Program Files\Winamp
                This is the picture on my destop screen after the installation
                Then I use Launch RRConfig.exe to do the initial configuration for Road Runner
                First set up Winamp location in Player Setup
                Dont even touch Page 1, page 2, page 3, page 4
                Go to skin to browse an choose BMV2 for path and night skin
                Go to Music , Page 1, to set the direction to My Music folder

Dont touch any other option, try to run to see how it works

Very weird thing happens. I run it on my Home PC it works
                I run on my car PC, it did not work, dont know how to fix
                I run the same process on my Samsung Q1 UMPC, it does not work

Sigh, what a weird thing!
                But I dont want to run it on my home desktop, I want to run on my Car Computer or at least on my UMPC.
                Any ideas ?

Sincerely,
                Duy Nguyen
                Duy Nguyen
                (duyusa)

Comment

Might want to look at your carPC OS...
                  Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2

Comment

System Windows XP
                    Tablet PC Edition 2005
                    Version 2002
                    Service Pack 2

Very basic OS for touchscreen control Car PC system
                    Duy Nguyen
                    (duyusa)

Comment

One of the different thing I noticed:
                      On my home PC, after the installation, I hit the Launch RRConfig
                      It smoothly run to the Configuration Windows

However, the same installation file, after on my Car PC, and Samsung Q1, I run the launch RRConfig, it pop up a windows require me to locate the Roadrunner.msi setup package to continue. And I stuck at there

It is counter-intuitive to me when I did the same thing on just two different computer, and get different results of the setup.
                      Duy Nguyen
                      (duyusa)

Comment

Happy Happy!
                        I finally find out the reason why it does not work on my Car PC and UMPC but work on my home PC.
                        It is hard to notice that, so I think my case will be helpful for any newbie to Road Runner Install
                        Recently, my little brother feel annoyed with the Anti-Virus on my Home PC, I am using on my 3 computer the same AV software NOD32. He was just mad at the NOD32 and uninstalled it. I just forgot about it.
                        On my Car PC, and UMPC NOD32 still works, but I got some bothering notice that it somehow block the Roadrunner because of suspicious reasons.
                        It is not coincident, then I uninstalled both on my Car PC and UMPC, now it works
                        Problem with the installation and AV software.

I am very happy to get help from a lot of members here, you guys are so nice. I am still a newbie in a new land. So, please help me in future if I have questions

Sincerely,
                        Duy Nguyen
                        Duy Nguyen
                        (duyusa)

Comment

Some AV programs erroneously classify RR as a virus.
                          Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2

Comment

hehe.. glad everything works alright for you... by the way, how do you plan to hook up your Q1 to car audio system?

Comment

First, I have an air-vent mount for the Samsung Q1 stays stably in my Toyota Corolla in front of me about 1.5 feet.
                              Second, I found a very cheap Samsung Q1 Car charger works well with the cigarette lighter in my car. Otherwise, I can buy some AC/DC Universal charger from Igo, Targus, Kensington
                              Third, certainly I need a GPS receiver, I am using Globalsat Bluetooth GPS recevier to work with Iguidance V.4 or Copilot Live 10 ( I like both a lot compared to MS Streets&Strips or Delorme )
                              For the audio. There are two choices I can make:
                              I have my car Radio/CD player which built-in aux input. Then obviously I can use a regular audio jack to connect from the headphone output on my Q1 to the aux input. And sound will come out from car speaker.
                              Since Samsung Q1 or any other UMPC build with Bluetooth capability. I can go out to buy a Bluetooth Audio receiver and hook them up with the circuit inside my dash for output on my car speaker. I did not try this way. My wild guess, you can research more on some Bluetooth System for car, or Bluetooth Speaker for car, I remembered that Motorola or Parriot have these things.
                              For input device, I am very lazy even though the touch screen on Q1 is so easy to control. I use Gyration Air-Mouse, or Kensington Air-Mouse to control pointer at my hand motion without using any base. For keyboard, I use an USB 77 keys mini keyboard. I would like to buy Frogpad tiny keyboard can be used by one-hand control.
                              A bluetooth headphone will be good to complete the set

I hope that I can give some insight that I build on my car.
                              If you want to know more about UMPC stuff, you could contact me directly. I could give you further information

Duy Nguyen
                              (Homepage : www.umpcbusiness.info)
                              Duy Nguyen
                              (duyusa)

Comment

Working...
                              X