Sirius/XM Full Control RW/FF/Pause

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sirius/XM Full Control RW/FF/Pause

Has anyone successfully been able to develop a way to pause/rewind/fastforward Sirius or XM?

I REALLY miss having this ability that I had with my standalone player.

I'd be willing to try and develop something if someone could at least point me in the right direction. Or if you already know how to do it that would be even better!

I'm pretty sure CentraFuse has this ability somehow....anyone know how it does it?

Thanks in advance!

.:[ x10's GMLAN ]:.

Sirius Channels Update

that would be a nice feature.. basically a DSR.
    2011 Nissan Frontier SL
    AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
    OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

Comment

I know that there are some sirius tuners meant for home entertainment use that have a rs232 on the back. My understanding is that it can get data (channel listing and current track/artist/time) and control the unit from it. It would be nice to see some software take advantage of this (if there isn't some already).
      Planing [=====>] 90%
      Coding [===>----] 50%
      Interface [=>-------] 25%
      Hardware [>---------] 10%
      Install [-----------] 0%

Comment

hmmm.

Comment

I already have sirius working using mitch's sirius hardware...

I've thought of some ways this could be possible....

by recording the channel as soon as its tuned to using a live recorder to an mp3...

then having that mp3 playing through winamp (this would also add the ability of using Visualizations with Sirius/XM...

if the mp3 was "streaming" to winamp and playing that way instead of using roadrunner to listen to sirius you could pause, rewind, fast forward....hmmm....i'll have to try working on this....

only problem i can foresee is using Roadrunner to control sirius while winamp is playing the sirius file....

hmmmm...any thoughts?

Sirius Channels Update

Comment

Originally posted by rgarjr View Post
            Serial does just only displaying and controlling the tuner.
            Ya thats exactly what I was saying, I know that with my unit it has some amount of memory in it and will accept a pause command and buffer to the internal memory. But I was under the impression that most would have that internal memory, guess I was wrong.

So then is controlling the radio not a problem? How are people going about this? Is there a way that dose show the current song, artist, track time, ect?
            Planing [=====>] 90%
            Coding [===>----] 50%
            Interface [=>-------] 25%
            Hardware [>---------] 10%
            Install [-----------] 0%

Comment

Well no its not a problem, its been like that for several years. You can fully control the tuner (change channels, view artist/song names, etc).

I guess you can have the sound cards line in be saving up the music on a file or something, so actually its not going to even use the com port.

Comment

I remember this coming up once before. MP3's do not like to be played and recorded at the same time if I remember. The route that was determined at the time was to use OGG to encode the audio. I am not positive on this, but I do recall the conversation about a year ago somewhere on the forums.
                Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by x10 View Post
                  I'm pretty sure CentraFuse has this ability somehow....anyone know how it does it?
                  Centrafuse does have this feature. It might be worth asking one of the programmers what they're doing to make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by Machinehead View Post
                    Centrafuse does have this feature. It might be worth asking one of the programmers what they're doing to make it work.

yeah that sounds like a good idea....i doubt if they'd be open to help...but its worth a shot...i'll head on over to the centrafuse forum and see what I can do...

Sirius Channels Update

Comment

Even if you just ask for the overview of how they're doing it.

Comment

I have sources which could be used for that, however I never did have the time to work on it..
                        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Guino,

Any luck with trying to get the info as to how they did this with CF?

Sirius Channels Update

Comment

ya im very interested

Comment

Working...
                            X