MediaInfo / FLAC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MediaInfo / FLAC

Ok, I've scoured the forums for the last 3 hours, and can't find my answer, so I'm posting.

I want to be able to see the flac info from my files.

I loaded the newest Road Runner, and the newest Winamp (which I'd prefer to go back to the old if possible) to test all of this.

In this post: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/road...ue-update.html

guino states:
    "If you wish to load tags from other filetypes (than MP3, WMA and OGG), you can simply place MediaInfo.DLL in RR's Path."

Does that mean I just d/l the MediaInfo.dll from the sourceforge website, and drop it in my Road Runner directory? If that's what I was supposed to do, then that didn't work. If I'm doing it wrong, someone help, please?

Does the skin have to support the dll? (I wouldn't think so)
    I am using the Digital FX 2.0 skin.

It's also possible I'm an idiot, and if so, please tell me.

Oh, and I checked Winamp, and it's pulling up the tags (I realize RR doesn't pull from there, but from the dll). But, I know the tags are good.

Thanks
    sativen

I use all MP3's so have never tested anything else myself. One thing to try though, that you may have missed is to register the MediaInfo.dll with windows after you copy it to the Road Runner directory. You can breowse with a DOS promt to the Road Runner folder and then type:

regsvr32 MediaInfo.dll

You can also copy that above line to a text file, save it as register.bat and double click it if you do not feel like trying to browse to the Road Runner folder in DOS
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by JohnWPB View Post
      I use all MP3's so have never tested anything else myself. One thing to try though, that you may have missed is to register the MediaInfo.dll with windows after you copy it to the Road Runner directory. You can breowse with a DOS promt to the Road Runner folder and then type:

regsvr32 MediaInfo.dll

You can also copy that above line to a text file, save it as register.bat and double click it if you do not feel like trying to browse to the Road Runner folder in DOS
      Thanks for the hlep! It works!

Comment

I will also add that you do NOT need to register that dll file, as its not an activeX dll. You just need to have it your RR folder, which has now(RRver 11/08) been included in the installer.
        RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
        Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
        Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
        RRMedia
        RRExtended
        DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

I have recently been using some FLAC files. I installed a plugin for winamp to play and use FLAC files in the media library. When I opened the file in RR it shows all the info well after tagging it. The only thing I cannot get it to do is display lyrics. I downloaded mediainfo and from there I winged it. I installed mediainfo and took the dll from media info's directory and put it into RR's. Nothing changed. No lyrics. What would I have to do?

Comment

The only way is to use some winamp plugin to display lyrics and embed it onto a skin -- there is just no built-in support for lyrics in RR (or any other front-end as far as I know).
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by guino View Post
              The only way is to use some winamp plugin to display lyrics and embed it onto a skin -- there is just no built-in support for lyrics in RR (or any other front-end as far as I know).
              Uhm...DFX 4 has the "Lyrics" plugin that reads ID3 embedded lyrics (I believe). Any way it works fine with mp3's. When I embed lyrics to FLAC files they are readable with media info but not in DFX4/RR. Just curious if it was possible. Thanks

Comment

Probably b/c that script only uses mp3 extensions. Its been awhile on that one...I did help John with that though..
                RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
                Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                RRMedia
                RRExtended
                DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Originally posted by Blue ZX3 View Post
                  Probably b/c that script only uses mp3 extensions. Its been awhile on that one...I did help John with that though..
                  Ok..Makes sense now. Thanks a lot anyway.

Comment

this plugin supports lyrics.
                    BASSRR ==> [Audio Player/MusicDB/Cd Player/Ripper/Rate/Internet Radio/Audio Capture/Youtube Video]
                    RRTube ==> [View/Download Youtube Videos]
                    WifiMan ==> [Wifi Manager]
                    RRec ==> [Audio Capture]

If You Want To Be Given Everything, Give Everything Up ...
                    Bird York -- In The Deep --

Comment

Originally posted by Blue ZX3 View Post
                      Any way to add .flac into the script to read the lyrics?

Comment

you shouldnt be looking at lyrics in a car
                        (my 1/2 cent)
                        -Thanks
                        Mitch
                        www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
                        May healing waters bury all my pain
                        Wind, Carry me home
                        The fabric of reality is tearing apart
                        The piece of me that died
                        Will return To live again

Comment

Originally posted by mitchjs View Post
                          you shouldnt be looking at lyrics in a car
                          (my 1/2 cent)
                          Nor should you be watching video, looking at music playlists, internet browsing etc.. I fiddle with your HD radio all the time on the road, but you're gonna bust me about lyrics?

Comment

Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

i agree 100% with ya doug!

what kind of car u got, so if i see ya, i can keep back extra 1000+ feet

john's car, i see, course no one drives that kind of car anymore, so ill know if its him!
                              -Thanks
                              Mitch
                              www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
                              May healing waters bury all my pain
                              Wind, Carry me home
                              The fabric of reality is tearing apart
                              The piece of me that died
                              Will return To live again

Comment

Working...