Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forcing a custom indicator to show the "on" skin?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forcing a custom indicator to show the "on" skin?

Basically a small time saving exercise - is there some easy way to force a custom indicator to show the "on" skin of a skin using variables? I've tried forcing variables to "true", "on", 1 etc. but I can't seem to get the indicator to change as a result of them.

You guys not reading SkinCommands.txt anymore?

"SETIND" - This lets you set the sate od custom indicators from SDK or skin. The Indicator's code needs to start
    with an exclamation mark (!), as in: Ixx,xxx,....,"!MYINDICATOR" -- Indicators are OFF by default.
    Examples: "SETIND;!MYINDICATOR;ON" or "SETIND;!MYINDICATOR;OFF"

Comment

No what I mean is, can I tie an indicator element to a variable and use that to toggle whether it shows the off or on skin, somewhat like the shuffle indicator code does?

The problem is I can't seem to find something I can set the variable too in order to set the indicator to "on".

So the indicator would be something like IXX, ..., "$INDONOFF$"

The question being, what do you set INDONOFF too in order to actually turn the indicator on and off? I've tried the aforementioned variations and they don't seem to work.

Comment

this is a workaround, but what about a day- and a night-skin.
        Cold weather mobo list: Copy the list and add your board
        my hidden screen in action (youtube) , the worklog , RR Volvoskin

Comment

Well the main goal was to avoid making a whole lot of individual images to set as indicators, but my current work around is just going to be putting a whole lot of indicators on separate skins to on in my ExecTBL I was just wondering if there was something obvious I was overlooking to do this.

Comment

isn't it easer to copy your skin and only switch the day and night picture of position in your skin.
            Cold weather mobo list: Copy the list and add your board
            my hidden screen in action (youtube) , the worklog , RR Volvoskin

Comment

Currently I have a row of buttons which I want to highlight when specific skin subfeatures are activated. RR doesn't support subskins and the like however, so I need a different one on each skin to be lit up. Easiest way to do this is to put an indicator over the buttons that's always on when the different skins load up.

Comment

Originally posted by electricitylike View Post
                No what I mean is, can I tie an indicator element to a variable and use that to toggle whether it shows the off or on skin, somewhat like the shuffle indicator code does?

The problem is I can't seem to find something I can set the variable too in order to set the indicator to "on".

So the indicator would be something like IXX, ..., "$INDONOFF$"

The question being, what do you set INDONOFF too in order to actually turn the indicator on and off? I've tried the aforementioned variations and they don't seem to work.
                If you want to tie the indicator to a variable, you can do this:
                Indicator Code:
                Code:
                IXX, ..., "CUSTOM_INDONOFF"

ExecTBL.ini
                Code:
                "SETINDONOFF","BYVAR;yourvariable;OFF<<ON||SETIND;CUSTOM_INDONOFF;$yourvariable$"

You can then toggle the variable "yourvariable" using "SETVAR," then execute "SETINDONOFF" to set the indicator state.

Make sense?
                Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2

Comment

Working...
                X