Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gas Prices & Weather Broken. (Weather & Gas Now Fixed!!!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Prices & Weather Broken. (Weather & Gas Now Fixed!!!)

Ok, I was able to get the weather working again..... See post #29

Now, who wants to fix the GPS Gas
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

wap sites normally are simple xml pages and seldomly ever change. Now you may not get the full detail that the previous weather coding had but information from weather.coms wap site has stayed the same as far as i can tell. That may be an option.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Weather.com - someone put up a website with the weather, maybe the RoadRunner Website. Add the Weather Logo, and whatever they specifiy. I think thats all we need to comply.

This would then leave the xml user id open and could be hard coded again with no ads etc.

The plug in is another good idea as well.
      2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
      2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
      Sound Stage
      Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

HAHA.. i was just about to post that this is broken now..

you guys are quick.. i dont have a clue how to "fix it"

but i am subscribing..
        10 acura TL tech
        10 BMW S1000RR

Comment

I'll vote for a gov controlled site. Since the "speed of government" is approximately equal to 1/10th the speed of molasses in January in the Yukon there is less likely a change in the xml files.
          What zip is saying might work, but it seems like weather.com would try to find a way to change it again to prevent each user from getting the info.
          I was thinking we could have a label code in our skins that shows the text ads they are requiring but put it past the normal viewable area maybe.
          I'd rather just have it work similar to the way it worked before, and having it as a plug-in rather than coded into RR would be preferred.
          So what is involved in getting this going for the info from weather.gov? What can I do to help?
          2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser TE
          Car PC Progress:
          Planning.......[---------X-] 95%
          Parts...........[---------X-] 90%
          Fabrication...[---------X-] 90%
          RR Skin........[---------X-] 95%
          View my
          Worklog
          Road Runner Skins
          Website
          Favorite thread EVER!

Comment

This may be a stupid question but.....

Are the other front ends experiencing the same problems? If that's the case, then why wouldn't mp3car.com be able to apply for a feed, then all of the front ends can use it. It would make much more sense then having individual people having that on their own sites. Plus it would give a better interaction between mp3car.com and it's users.

If that's not the case, then i would also like to vote for a government site.

Comment

like already posted above,just get the main RR site signed up and everyone else can get there updates from a feed there.
              P4 2.8 HT, 512Mb Ram, 60Gb 2.5 HD, M4-ATX, SB Audigy2, BU353, Lilliput TS,Soundgraph Imon VFD,SONY Optiarc dvd Burner,RideRunner, iGo8, Custom Freedom 2.1

Comment

So I logged into my account at weather.com for the xml feed. I think we can get this back up and running in 5 mins. Whoever holds the account for RoadRunner, of you look at your profile, you are still considered "active". So the feed is stll available to you.

Now, I filled it out like this:
                Company ***** whatever
                Industry Entertainment
                Proposed Usage: Website
                Site Home Page UNDER DEVELOPMENT
                Description: whatever

I was sent the kit User ID and the Key. We really should have a website place holder though. I am betting the new key reactivates it.

I dont know, as my site is under development how long would it be before the feed ends. I bet they ping the site eventually.

There are only 5 questions.

1. Company or Site Name *
                2. Industry *
                3. Site Home Page *
                4. Proposed usage * Desktop
                Website
                Other
                5. Description *

Not a big fan of the government site as there a lot of RoadRunner users that do not live in the USA.

Hope this helps.
                2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
                2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
                Sound Stage
                Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

If it all comes down to guino updating that info, then that makes it easy for everyone.

As far as Gas Prices are concerned, any thoughts on a solution?
                  2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser TE
                  Car PC Progress:
                  Planning.......[---------X-] 95%
                  Parts...........[---------X-] 90%
                  Fabrication...[---------X-] 90%
                  RR Skin........[---------X-] 95%
                  View my
                  Worklog
                  Road Runner Skins
                  Website
                  Favorite thread EVER!

Comment

Subscribed
                    1997 Pontiac Bonneville RIP 10/29/09
                    1997 JEEP Grand Cherokee
                    Software: (|||||||---) 70%
                    Hardware: (|||||||---) 70%
                    Car PC Install (----------) 0%

HuntingKnightSM

Comment

the gas price plugin i had made in the past was modular an scalable you would more than likely just need to change the cell numbers in the config file
                      ill see what i can get together and make backwards compatible with the current integrated gas or should i change the labels. because if it remains as is roadrunner will try to connect and fail and the plugin will work but then it wont display (if that makes sense)
                      .______
                      | '_ |__\___
                      [(o)|___(o)] XB
                      ._________
                      | I__I I_I|_\__I
                      [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

CarPCNetwork

Comment

GPS Gas Plugin

I was hoping you would chime in here That would be fantastic! I agree the labels will probably:

1) need changed
                        2) RR Source would have to be altered to remove the native gas code.

Honestly, the native code should be removed, as it is really just "dead weight" in the RR source now

In the mean time probably just altering the labels to match your plugin can be done for now, and the code in RR can be removed at any time in the future.

Actually......... I just thought about this some more..... I do not think the labels will need changed in the skins.... If the GPSGAS function is not called, and just a load skin is used, it will never trigger the internal RR code to attempt to create the labels. This will leave them "free" to be used by anything. This would save a lot of updates for skins, cuz just about every skin out there uses this feature......
                        Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by -zip- View Post
                          So I logged into my account at weather.com for the xml feed. I think we can get this back up and running in 5 mins. Whoever holds the account for RoadRunner, of you look at your profile, you are still considered "active". So the feed is stll available to you.
                          Interesting.... I can not recall who created the internal RR source for the weather, but was done a long time ago, and I do not think they are active on the forums any longer. A new key will definitely be needed, and hopefully it will be an easy transition on the RR code. When the new key is created, and hosted somewhere with the text add's, what all do you think will need to be altered to get it functioning in RR again?

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

There are same problem with weather information in Centrafuse front end.

Comment

Working...
                            X