Why no integrated obd?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no integrated obd?

Dashcommand isn't a scan tool either, you need to buy PCMScan or ScanXL to read DTC's, clear codes, record and chart sensor outputs, performance calculations, etc.....
    so youll need both right?

and i was wanting (if this was a screen that was native to the LSX void screen ) to be able to "hold down" one of the gauges (on the black screen) and get a list of avalible gauges then select one to see its status just like with the buttons in the skin you can "hold them down" to change them id be nice to have the same option with the gauges here on this dashboard
    MY build...a walk thru, finally getting to it

Originally posted by eric_barcus View Post
    so youll need both right?

and i was wanting (if this was a screen that was native to the LSX void screen ) to be able to "hold down" one of the gauges (on the black screen) and get a list of avalible gauges then select one to see its status just like with the buttons in the skin you can "hold them down" to change them id be nice to have the same option with the gauges here on this dashboard
    Nope, you'll have to talk to LS about that one.

I wouldn't hold my breath though, that would be one PITA to code.............

You can jut embed PCMScan if you want, but it won't look as nice as Dashcommand, which was written explicitly for the mp3car/carputer crowd. You can even enter a coupon code "mp3car" and it gives you another 3 bucks off......

If yu just want gauges, dashcommand will fit the bill. If you want a scan tool, you need PCMScan or Scan XL.........

Look on the palmer site and there's a comparison chart for what each program does and doesn't do......

(hmmm. Looks like the MP3car site is messed up again and putting new posts at the top of the threads. NIce...........)
    For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

(hmmm. Looks like the MP3car site is messed up again and putting new posts at the top of the threads. NIce...........)
      OHH MAN i had to go thru and delete liek 6 posts cause i though th dang thing was broken sorry for the flood :| but i was gettting SOOOO frustrated cursing at work like :"why the hell wont this post" hehe i know now whats goign on

Comment

Why no integrated obd?

Thought about this for quite some time now. It seems like the obd development in RR and its skins is almost non-existent. Any particular reason for this? It's a pretty important feature for most and is available or was at least worked on in most other front ends.

Is it just because of all the different variations or is the software difficult to integrate?

Comment

Its mostly due to the different variations. If a user wants a OBD feature then they will just have to embed the application of they're choice into which ever skin they are using.
          RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
          Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
          Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
          RRMedia
          RRExtended
          DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

that's what i figured. but i know a bunch of people use the scantool.net software and hardware. would be nice to have an integrated program in roadrunner, just feels more polished.

Comment

agreed

Originally posted by tibby01 View Post
              would be nice to have an integrated program in roadrunner, just feels more polished.
              id agree, we should start a poll to see what OBD software people would like to see integrated that way RR really will have EVERY thing weve always wanted id

Comment

If you do some research, you will find that this topic has indeed been discussed several times before...
                RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
                Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                RRMedia
                RRExtended
                DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Well, then go right ahead and develop it for RR..........................
                  Personally, PCMScan is pretty good in RR.

Especially if you spend the 25 bucks and get dash command.............limited, but still pretty good.
                  For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
                  Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

id be willing to give some cash to the big guys to intergrate this feature anyone with me?
                    contacted LS about skin support and after i get ahld of guino id hope hed be willing to develop if there was some cash support, im fully behind this effort lets polish RR with a new feature

Comment

someone say cash? should i open .net now?
                      mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                      Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                      Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

yes cash, ill have to get my obd unit, but id be willing to fork up some cash to see some good obd suport in RR and spec with the LSXVOID skin

Comment

What exactly do you guys do with OBD stuff? Just leave the scan tool connected all the time and read engine info?

Comment

Originally posted by dyne View Post
                            What exactly do you guys do with OBD stuff? Just leave the scan tool connected all the time and read engine info?

yes usually, make sure everyhting is running right, for me i will be haivng circuits to control my air flow and gas flow to the engine and id like to see whats happening real time without leaving my favortie app RR

Comment

Something like this?

Or this?

Or maybe this?

21 bucks from Palmer performance. Void incorporates a built in embedding program. you also get to pick the parameters you want it to display (if your ECU supports them). You just have to come up with the gauge styles, but it's easy with the built in dashboard editor that comes with Dashcommand/PCMScan.

Doesn't get much simpler...................or cheaper.....................

Dashcommand was even written to be touchscreen freindly, so it's got huge buttons and choosable colors.

You just need to buy an ELM based interface and you're good to go..............

(no, I don't work for them, just a satisfied customer)
                              Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

Working...
                              X