how to find out the top item in the playlist window

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to find out the top item in the playlist window

that is the first track you see in the current playlist.

There is a CLTOP for the custom list. I am wondering if there is a similar variable for the winamp playlist.

What I want to do is to overlay some more information on the playlist - for example the ratings for each song. For that I need to know what are currently displayed on the list.

thanks in advance!

"CLTOP" - The first item on display in the List (Top line in view)

Read the Skin Commands.txt file. It's all in there.

Comment

Thanks but I did read the skins commands file. I tried to get "CLTOP" but nothing is returned. I used the getInfo on the com interface. That's why I was asking.

In skin commands file, CLTOP is listed under a custom list section. I guess the regular playlist is not a "custom" list. Is it?

Comment

Is the PlayList window created by RoadRunner frontend, or is it just a embeded winamp window??

If it is a RR window, then it is possible to figure out the top item on display in the window.

But it is a wimamp window, i start to think that it is not possible to figure it out. RR's internal winamp interface does not have it. I check a few winamp scripting plugin, and non had this feature either.

Comment

rr reads the playlist elements from winamp into RR's playlist object. What exactly are you tryin to obtain from the top item? Whatevers displayed? The track path?
          mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
          Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
          Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

thanks, I need the top item's position in the playlist, track path is ok too.

I want to overlay ratings for each song at the correct screen position.

Comment

something like this???

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/vbim...img&imgid=3529
              (where stars on the side of artist name are ratings stars?) Are you using my ratings plugin?
              mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
              Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
              Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

hi Sonicxtacy02,

yes that's exactly what I am trying to do.

I tried your plugin a week ago, but I just couldn't get it to work properly on my machine, plus I wanted to be able to store the ratings in ID3 tags. So i started out creating a my own simple plugin, which works fine, except I haven't figure out how to overlay the ratings on the playlist yet.

Thanks for your great work though, it was an inspiration for me.

Comment

Working...
                X