Looking for a RR DVD player.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a RR DVD player.

I need some help finding a DVD player for my carpc that would work with RR. I'm using a new computer with a fresh and full XP install. I had some video trouble, but managed to fix it with WMP and it's "Web Help" feature. Now, I want to get DVD videos to play and I've hit a rut. The same "Web Help" from WMP only points to programs that will cost me quite a bit and I'm not even sure that they'll work with RR. Can anyone point me in the direction of a DVD player program that won't cost me a ton (preferably, one that won't cost me anything). Also, is it possible to somehow extract one of the DVD programs I have on one of my two laptops and use it on my Carpc? Somehow, I feel like I'd be getting robbed paying for something I already own.
    03 Accord Sedan CarPC

Originally posted by blackcobra487 View Post
    I need some help finding a DVD player for my carpc that would work with RR. I'm using a new computer with a fresh and full XP install. I had some video trouble, but managed to fix it with WMP and it's "Web Help" feature. Now, I want to get DVD videos to play and I've hit a rut. The same "Web Help" from WMP only points to programs that will cost me quite a bit and I'm not even sure that they'll work with RR. Can anyone point me in the direction of a DVD player program that won't cost me a ton (preferably, one that won't cost me anything). Also, is it possible to somehow extract one of the DVD programs I have on one of my two laptops and use it on my Carpc? Somehow, I feel like I'd be getting robbed paying for something I already own.
    Im sure there are freeware programs that could do it.

Most RR users tend to use power dvd (google it) as far as im aware its not expensive, and alot of skins support it.
    CarPuter Progress:
    Planning:-----> [||||||||||] 100%
    Hardware Buying:-> [||||||||||] 100%
    Software:-----> [||||||||||] 100%
    Installing:-----> [||||||||||] 100%
    Current Project= Making skins in photoshop...

Comment

There was FrodoDVD available on the forum, but I'm not sure if that is still available.

However doesn't MPC classic play them?

Also PowerDVD or WinDVD will both work with RR

Comment

The included MPC works great for DVD's....as well as any other video files.
        CarPC in my 82 Camaro. Dual core atom, M4-ATX, 7 lilliput, bu353 GPS, Reborn skin, punch 40/100ix
        MediaLaunch for RR
        Online Check for RR
        Locker for RR

Comment

What do you mean? I noticed something about Media Player Classic in RR configuration, but it doesn't seem to be included. Is this something else I need to download?
          03 Accord Sedan CarPC

Comment

Originally posted by blackcobra487 View Post
            What do you mean? I noticed something about Media Player Classic in RR configuration, but it doesn't seem to be included. Is this something else I need to download?
            windows media classic use to be part of the rr installer but is not not you will need to download it and put it into your rr folder and point the path in rrconfig to it,

Edit:correction the new installer dose have mpc in it
            Riderunner / Genesis
            Plugin Breaker in test BassRR Plugin Player, Wifiman_NET
            New Home for Genesis & BassRR :adding to site ,, Hellfyre night
            Bassrr Beta Release :Version 1.3.7
            Movie_info Release :Version 3.1.0
            Wifiman_NET:Version 1.0.0

Every Future, Needs A Beginning

Comment

i would agree MPC is the way to go google "klite codec pack" install it and enjoy, make sure in your RRconfig that you have "use external player" checked

ps the klite codec pack comes with MPC and ALL the codecs you could ever use
              MY build...a walk thru, finally getting to it

Comment

Thanks. Appreciate the help.
                03 Accord Sedan CarPC

Comment

Working...
                X