those with non transflexive screen...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• those with non transflexive screen...

how do guys use it? i bought a used q1 umpc and it's almost impossible to see when there is no shade during day time. Is there a way to enhance visibility? Any thoughts would be great.. Thanks...

You use a skin that is bright. A black skin = mirror, while a white skin = readable.

That and if it turns into a mirror, you know where the buttons are because they attract fingerprints like none other and like your remote for your tv, you should know where the buttons are on the screen. Also if you clean the screen to get little bit of dust and finger oil off, it becomes very readable for a while until the dust comes back.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

If you aim your screen towards the cieling of your car it will not reflect as much as if aimed straight back towards your rear window.
      The cieling of your car is all one color and has no light coming from it so I have found that putting my screen on an angle helps dramatically. Your screwed with a convertible.
      New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
      New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
      "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderStick View Post
        If you aim your screen towards the cieling of your car it will not reflect as much as if aimed straight back towards your rear window.
        The cieling of your car is all one color and has no light coming from it so I have found that putting my screen on an angle helps dramatically. Your screwed with a convertible.
        or with a sunroof like most people have todays. I dont think I have been in a car without a sunroof as long as I can remember
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

2008 lilliput 629 with the LED backlight made all my sunlight issues go away.
          mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
          Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
          Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Sunroof does effect it a bit, but most trouble comes from the morning sun that shines threw the rear window. I have my screen mouned slightly deepend an not high up in the car. Found out with the normal radio that was a better posittion.

Cartft have now got this product (anti-glare foil), when i need something of them, i will try this one out.
            Cold weather mobo list: Copy the list and add your board
            my hidden screen in action (youtube) , the worklog , RR Volvoskin

Comment

I had my Xenarc for a year and just lived without being able to see it in the daytime at al. Then one day I fished out the infrared receiver from behind the dash, looked through the menu options using the remote and found the brightness setting. Once I turned the brightness up to maximum, I had no issues with daytime viewing since.
              Ampie Case
              2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
              256 MB DDR2 PC5400
              Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
              Intel D945GCLF Motherboard
              M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

I run my Lilli with the brightness up full too.
                What's this about new Lilli's having an led backlight??
                P4 2.8 HT, 512Mb Ram, 60Gb 2.5 HD, M4-ATX, SB Audigy2, BU353, Lilliput TS,Soundgraph Imon VFD,SONY Optiarc dvd Burner,RideRunner, iGo8, Custom Freedom 2.1

Comment

The LED backlight is twice as bright.
                  03 Accord Sedan CarPC

Comment

Originally posted by blackcobra487 View Post
                    The LED backlight is twice as bright.
                    going from the 8" "old" lilli (which was always brighter than the 7" lillis as proven at a couple meets) from the 2008 lilli was really night and day for me. I dunno if they're TWICE as bright ... but the difference is all too noticible. I cant confirm this but i also believe they're using a different touch screen because at no poitn in the last 6 months has my screen exhibited the "mirror" effect where there's nothing but sun

Comment

I just checked the specs for it and it does say it has a contrast ratio of 500:1 compared to 250:1 of the old model.

I can't find them in stock anywhere here in the uk but my mate works at Lilliput Uk just 2 minute's down the road so i should be able to track one down.
                      P4 2.8 HT, 512Mb Ram, 60Gb 2.5 HD, M4-ATX, SB Audigy2, BU353, Lilliput TS,Soundgraph Imon VFD,SONY Optiarc dvd Burner,RideRunner, iGo8, Custom Freedom 2.1

Comment

crappy pics i took way back when

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/1185983-post19.html

Comment

man... that looks nice... i with that's my screen... LOoks like anti-glare film is just about the only choice i have since iam stuck with whatever i have that comes with Q1...

Comment

Can a non led screen be modded to use a LED setup? or is turning up the brightness enough to fix the mirror affect?
                            New Car PC Build list in progress

Comment

came across this stuff on a european site ... not sure how goo it will be on a non-trans sreen, but i'll let you know in a few days hopefully ...

http://www.cartft.com/catalog/il/937
                              -------------------------------
                              The TEKNIK Family ... Teknik 1 & Teknik 2, Teknik T-3, Teknik v4.0, Teknik-X.

Comment

Working...
                              X