Copy Road Runner To Another PC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy Road Runner To Another PC?

Does anyone know if I can just copy all of my Road Runner files to another PC and have it still work? I had a pc that I wanted to use, but now I'm unsure which I want to use. Maybe I'll swap back and forth. But in either case, anyone know?

Copy and paste should be fine.

Just make sure the path is the same.

ie C:\program files\road runner\

if it's on a different drive or different folder you will need to change some paths in rr.ini

Comment

Nice!!!! Thanks man!

Comment

I think the RRConfig by blue makes a registry entry for first time use, but other than that I think it is completely self contained. So when you run the config on the other PC it will ask for language and such.
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

You will also have to register all the dll's on the new machine. Winamp.dll, GDIPlusWrapper.dll, Mp3Art.dll, radio.dll and any plugins that you use ect....
          Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

I will have to register the DLL's on the new machine? If I haven't installed WinAmp or Media Player on the other machine yet, will this still be an issue? I don't believe I have any other plugins (Or are the different Road Runner features (weather, traffic cam, etc.) considered plugins?

Comment

Originally posted by lastdon6585 View Post
              I will have to register the DLL's on the new machine? If I haven't installed WinAmp or Media Player on the other machine yet, will this still be an issue? I don't believe I have any other plugins (Or are the different Road Runner features (weather, traffic cam, etc.) considered plugins?
              RoadRunner will not function without Winamp
              15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

I assumed that, What I was saying is that if I install it (Winamp) afterwards will I still have dll troubles. Or are you saying that WinAmp must be installed first?

Comment

Should be installed first. Why would you install it afterwards? If you install it afterwards then the config wont re-register the dll automatically.

Comment

LoL, I don't know, I didn't think it would matter. Then it's settled, WinAmp will be installed first. Same for Media Player?

Comment

If you mean WMP, it is already installed with XP and Vista... and 98.

Comment

That, and WMP has absolutely nothing to do with RoadRunner. If you want, you can go to the config tab in the config and hit the save confg button. That will save all the reg entries to a file and then when you move it to another computer and rerun the config it automatically will see the saved reg settings and reapply them .

The config also reg's the req rr dll's if in the folder on every run, other wise it will ask if you want to dl and reg them.
                        RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
                        Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                        Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                        RRMedia
                        RRExtended
                        DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

I'm referring to media player classsic. I think I'll try it your way, that sounds like teh easiest approach! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by lastdon6585 View Post
                            I'm referring to media player classsic. I think I'll try it your way, that sounds like teh easiest approach! Thanks!
                            Just agree with them and say thankyou, they will find something to correct you on with every comment you make.
                            New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
                            New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
                            "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

Comment

Oh yeah, welcome to mp3car.com
                              New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
                              New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
                              "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

Comment

Working...
                              X