Volume Control Problem with new install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume Control Problem with new install

I apologize for posting this, as I am sure the answer is already posted out there, but my search results brought up nothing pertaining to this issue. I just re-setup my entire CarPC on a Solid State Drive and I am experiencing a few issues that I didn't on my old setup.

Each time after I boot up the PC, and I hit the Decrease Volume button once, it takes the volume all the way to zero, even though it still shows 20%, 25%, whatever it is. I must keep hitting the button until it shows 0%, then start increasing it again....and after all that, it works fine...I'm able to decrease it in increments again.

I thought I remember reading a post about this 6 months ago, but can't find the thread.

Have you set the audio device correctly? Channel/Line to control?

You are not running Vista are you?
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
      Have you set the audio device correctly? Channel/Line to control?

You are not running Vista are you?
      What do you mean channel/line to control?

No Vista.

I did notice that both my Master Control and Wave Control get set really low when I use the RR Volume Controls...even after I manually move them up.

Comment

Originally posted by phuz View Post
        What do you mean channel/line to control?

No Vista.

I did notice that both my Master Control and Wave Control get set really low when I use the RR Volume Controls...even after I manually move them up.
        i mean where you set it to control master, wave, or all (lots of other options but those are the most common)
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Sounds like your controlling wave instead of master volume.
          P4 2.8 HT, 512Mb Ram, 60Gb 2.5 HD, M4-ATX, SB Audigy2, BU353, Lilliput TS,Soundgraph Imon VFD,SONY Optiarc dvd Burner,RideRunner, iGo8, Custom Freedom 2.1

Comment

Originally posted by Griff1 View Post
            Sounds like your controlling wave instead of master volume.
            Actually, it's controlling both of those, but why does it decrease the volume to 0 as soon as I hit the decrease volume button once, and still has a value displayed, other than 0??

Comment

mastervolmap=0 would make RR to control the master volume, you might have it to control all lines, mastervolmap=-1, for better troubleshooting post your rr.ini.
              BASSRR ==> [Audio Player/MusicDB/Cd Player/Ripper/Rate/Internet Radio/Audio Capture/Youtube Video]
              RRTube ==> [View/Download Youtube Videos]
              WifiMan ==> [Wifi Manager]
              RRec ==> [Audio Capture]

If You Want To Be Given Everything, Give Everything Up ...
              Bird York -- In The Deep --

Comment

Originally posted by EL CAMINO View Post
                mastervolmap=0 would make RR to control the master volume, you might have it to control all lines, mastervolmap=-1, for better troubleshooting post your rr.ini.
                Yeah, for some reason, and I have no idea why, the Map master volume in the rr config was set to All Lines, but I copied the rr.ini from the old setup to the new one, so how the hell did that setting get changed?

Either way, it works now. I just assumed (and you know what that means) that when I copied the entire config file, all the settings SHOULD have been the same.

Comment

Working...
                X