Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Runner locks on resume from hibernate until menu click

Hi all,

I recently upgraded to an Intel D201GLY2A board, reinstalled Windows, put in a new RR, etc. etc. the works. Now, a weird thing happens: when I resume from hibernate, the menus are frozen and nothing updates. I'll attempt to describe: suppose a song is playing before I turn off the ignition. When I resume, the screen returns to the main menu, the song plays for about a half-second then no sound. I have to click the screen/press some button on the screen, and then bang, things return to normal.

Another example: I hibernate while inside iGuidance. When I resume, it returns to iGuidance but it's frozen. If I click any button, it flickers back to the main menu and THEN things de-freeze.

Has anyone experienced this? Any (obvious) reasons?

Also, a side problem (but this has been around since my last install)..... sometimes when Windows gets shut down improperly, Winamp volume goes to 0. The _only_ way to fix it is to exit RR, start Winamp, turn up the volume, exit Winamp, restart RR. Wonder if there's a fix for that one....

Any help appreciated!

-pN
    Doko ni datte, hito wa tsunagatte iru...

My BMW 335xi install
    My Subaru Impreza install (now retired...)
    Realtime audio freestyle hiphop battles online - www.letsbeef.com!

Yeah, I have almost the exact same thing happen. I don't know why either. It's kind of annoying, but not a dealbreaker, so I didn't really pursue it...
    I've been thinking of adding a line to the execTBL.ini file to see if it helps.
    Something like loading audio_player.skin on resume... Then if it flickers back to the main menu, no problem, since that's where I want to be anyways...
    For the audio, you may trying turning the fade option off. Its in the Config program, if you don't want to mess around with the ini file.

Comment

I really, really like the fade though. It feels so high-end. That was one of the major "nice" features since the last time I upgraded RR which was like a year ago, hehe. Mind you, I'm not sure whether that would fix it - I had this same problem on my old RR which didn't have fading as far as I remember. I suppose I should try, for fun.

The problem with execTBL is that it's not really just the audio skin - it's the entire interface. I've even tried changing skins - I'm usually using DFX - but even BMV2 does it.

V. weird...
      Doko ni datte, hito wa tsunagatte iru...

My BMW 335xi install
      My Subaru Impreza install (now retired...)
      Realtime audio freestyle hiphop battles online - www.letsbeef.com!

Comment

It may be related to your USB devices. GPS pucks are well known for causing problems. If you're using Xport you can try the feature that will stop and re-start devices going into and out of hibernate. It's similar to Devcon, which there's a nice tutorial on in the FAQ section.

Comment

try adding resumecheck=true in rr.ini

When you come back from hibernation, that line is supposed to unfreeze everything. You got to wait a few seconds tho' and it may not work depending on your particular system.
          OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
          Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
          Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
          BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
          M2-ATX Power Supply
          RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
          Windows XP SP3

Comment

Originally posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
            The problem with execTBL is that it's not really just the audio skin - it's the entire interface. I've even tried changing skins - I'm usually using DFX - but even BMV2 does it.
            I hear you on the Audio, I love the fade too, lol.
            The resume exectbl command I suggested isn't really for the audio skin, its really just a way to emulate a button press. if it flickers to the audioplayer skin and then back to menu skin, then you don't have to press a button. I don't know if it would work as I haven't tried it, just a thought.

And I will check to see if the resumecheck is included in RR.ini. Thanks Treetop.
            EDIT: well I already had resume check as true. I did find something that works though:
            Although I'm sure I'll regret it, making RR unaware of hibernate seems to work best for now. The only problem I've found now is that the audio flickers a little on resume. But the rest seems to work well, iGuidance, playlist, etc.

Comment

Hey Guys,

I too have the same problem. I've tried the resumecheck=true in rr.ini trick and it didn't work for me either and I have also make RR unaware of hibernate and it causes the music to start playing right up! qbunnie, is your problem completely corrected now or do you still have the screen freeze at the beginning?

I'm sort of surprised this isn't an issue for more people unless the resumecheck is working for everyone else. Any other suggestions for fixing? (Working on the Xport/Devcon test).

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MMZonker View Post
                Hey Guys,

I too have the same problem. I've tried the resumecheck=true in rr.ini trick and it didn't work for me either and I have also make RR unaware of hibernate and it causes the music to start playing right up! qbunnie, is your problem completely corrected now or do you still have the screen freeze at the beginning?

I'm sort of surprised this isn't an issue for more people unless the resumecheck is working for everyone else. Any other suggestions for fixing? (Working on the Xport/Devcon test).

Thanks
                No screen freeze up for me. Obviously this may not be the same experience for everybody, but I tried 5-6 times, and every time the result was the same. It loads up exactly the way it was, unfrozen and all, except for the audio flickering once or twice. The audio flickering is a tiny bit annoying, and kinda takes away from the OEM feel to the system, but not as much as the odd problems I was having while RR was aware of hibernation.
                Here's something even weirder: Before making RR unaware, I don't remember exactly what setting I was using, but this is what happened. Upon resume from hibernation, the music would start playing (either faded in or just started), and the screen would NOT be frozen. Song time would change and song title would scroll. Upon the first click on any of the buttons on the screen, that skin/window would load up and immediately go back to the menu skin. NOW the screen was frozen. the first song in my playlist would be listed and the time would be at 00:00. Also, if any time had elapsed since resume and the current song being played, the audio would stop and then go back to where the song was upon resume. strange, huh? The next button click would finally unfreeze everything. Hope this help, lol. Like I said, making RR unaware finally did fix things for me.
                Here some system information:
                Tangent Shuttle 2700+ laptop (I didn't know of tangent either, lol. Had to get it for school)
                Intel P4m 2.2 Ghz
                768 MB DDR-ram
                60 GB Seagate 5400 rpm hard disk
                BU-353 GPS
                Trend Micro bluetooth module
                Intel 852/855 GM/GME chipset
                Integrated graphics (82852/82855 GM/GME)

Comment

similar problem here. let me give an example:

after de-hibernation the clock is not update until i click somewhere in the screen. with resume=true set or not in .ini

Comment

Same kind of problem with my setup. Seems to be USB related. I used the xport solution on my USB sound card and it comes back cleaner, but still have to touch the screen to wake it all up fully. Seems that some(all?) Usb devices are being re-detected each time instead of just waking up and working...

Comment

Just to say that I have the same problem as well, and haven't managed to find a fix yet despite months of trying various options.

Comment

Has anyone ever found a solution to this problem? Enabling Resumecheck worked for me, but it needs to be disabled for HD Radio to work after hibernate, so I'm looking for other solutions.
                        2004 Mazda3 Carputer Worklog - Update 5/17/11: Carputer 2.0 Hardware Selection

Comment

stealth915, i dont see how...

id like to see you debug log, with hddebug on

also.. this hold up at resume, i believe is DESIGNED in to the TOUCH SCREEN drivers, done on purpose, you resume, and dont TOUCH anything, how fast does it go back to sleep, prob 5 mins, if i read right, its part of the "Green" power management (blow me)

mitch
                          -Thanks
                          Mitch
                          www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
                          May healing waters bury all my pain
                          Wind, Carry me home
                          The fabric of reality is tearing apart
                          The piece of me that died
                          Will return To live again

Comment

ALSO, peopl who has this issue... post what kind of TOUCH SCREEN and releated info

lets see if there is a pattern

mitch
                            -Thanks
                            Mitch
                            www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
                            May healing waters bury all my pain
                            Wind, Carry me home
                            The fabric of reality is tearing apart
                            The piece of me that died
                            Will return To live again

Comment

Originally posted by mitchjs View Post
                              stealth915, i dont see how...

id like to see you debug log, with hddebug on

also.. this hold up at resume, i believe is DESIGNED in to the TOUCH SCREEN drivers, done on purpose, you resume, and dont TOUCH anything, how fast does it go back to sleep, prob 5 mins, if i read right, its part of the "Green" power management (blow me)

mitch
                              With ResumeCheck disabled, every time i resume from hibernation, RR seems to hang until I touch my screen. So if I went into hibernation in the middle of playing a song, when I resume from hibernation, the song does not start playing again until I touch the screen. With ResumeCheck enabled, RR starts playing the song as soon as Windows resumes.

I was trying to get my HD Radio to work yesterday and it didn't seem to resume from hibernation correctly. It seemed to get stuck at the last station it was tuned to, unable to change to different frequencies. I read from your post here to turn off ResumeCheck, and HD Radio now works, but now I have to touch my screen every time I start my car.

Edit: Oh yeah, I'm using a Lilliput 629. I'll try to get a debug.txt for you, mitch.
                              2004 Mazda3 Carputer Worklog - Update 5/17/11: Carputer 2.0 Hardware Selection

Comment

Working...
                              X