how to remove button press delay?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to remove button press delay?

it seems there is a hardcoded delay (like .5 seconds maybe?) from when you click a button to change pages till it actually changes. this just totally kills the interactive experience for me, and i was wondering if there's any way to get rid of it.

i know it's not a caching issue because all of my skin's pages are cached, and it's not a computer speed issue either as it's a 3GHz P4 with plenty of PC6400..

do you have some sort of screen transition enabled?

How about flash installed?

I press, and it fades into the next screen instantly. So it is a system bottleneck somewhere either software or hardware.

What skin are you using?
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

i've got the newest version of flash installed, tested this with both the default skin and lsxvoid, with fade transition and with no transition. ive actually found there's not as much perceived delay when using the fade transition haha.

[edit]

Originally posted by guino View Post
      [...]everything is timed to an average of half-second minimun between screens so even at blazing speeds, it should still be visible.
      that's what i was referring to. i hear the rr source is published, but i'm not a programmer so i wouldn't be able to just pick it up and go.. but if someone could even point me to the right location in the source i might be able to find my way through modifying it and compiling..

Comment

What skin? Your own or one found here?

Try some of the light skins (mAv1c, tek3, etc.) and see if that's still there. I don't have any delays with mAv1c, probably because it doesn't have to load a whole bunch of images.
        2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser TE
        Car PC Progress:
        Planning.......[---------X-] 95%
        Parts...........[---------X-] 90%
        Fabrication...[---------X-] 90%
        RR Skin........[---------X-] 95%
        View my
        Worklog
        Road Runner Skins
        Website
        Favorite thread EVER!

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyracer View Post
          What skin? Your own or one found here?

Try some of the light skins (mAv1c, tek3, etc.) and see if that's still there. I don't have any delays with mAv1c, probably because it doesn't have to load a whole bunch of images.
          u posted at the same time i edited soo see above.

Comment

Working...
          X