Dial UP Connection Window RR/DFX?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dial UP Connection Window RR/DFX?

Hi, I have inquired to JohnWPB of the DFX3 skin which I activley use, if it would be possible to add a button and screen for DUN. I use a cell phone to get my internet on the go. At current I have to minimize RR and open a shortcut of the Pre-Setup Dial Up Connection. The all I have to hit is dial or disconnect. John responded to me and has figured mostly what to do. Here's the problem... I am a moron when it comes to skinning. This is what john gave me.

"LOAD;Display_Properties.skin;NetworkConnections;C :\WINDOWS\system32\control.exe|netconnections"

Ok... I don't even know where to start with this. Where does this incorporate? Is it RR or the skin? How can I create a button to take me to a screen, something like the Wireless Manager in DFX 3. Big robust matching buttons. I am doing reading and have been playing with the skin editor. I am still lost. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

BumP!

I have adopted a program called SP Dialer 1.40. It manages the Dun just like window with more options. Windows Dial Up Network manager is a component of explore there for running it is a pain. This incorporates a Dial/Hang up button. It also allows a HOTKEY to be mapped for the dual function. I press END key and it connects, I press END key again and it disconnects. There's got to be a way to just have a button on the Main Menu that can serve this same function. Maybe something to mimic the key stroke? Rout to OSK perhaps in the background. I have embedded the app but it is ugly and i don't need the program in RR itself. It can just run in the tray as long as I had that button. Any ideas?? C'mon!?? Yer all geniuses!

Comment

Dougw133 here's what my buddy and I did.

First locate the Exec.tbl file within DigitalFX.
      Create a couple of files:
      1. "MyApp48","RunQ;$SKINPATH$\connect.bat"
      2. "SetCommandLabels48","SETVAR;MyApp48LB;CONNECT||Se tCommandLabels49"

and another set for Disconnect:
      1. "MyApp49","RunQ;$SKINPATH$\disconnect.bat"
      2. "SetCommandLabels49","SETVAR;MyApp49LB;CONNECT||Se tCommandLabels50"

Then create two .bat files using notepad. Call one Connect.bat and the other Disconnect.bat Save in the digitalfx folder

examples:
      connect.bat contents = rasdial "your connection name" (be sure to put the connection name in quotes)

disconnect.bat contents = rasdial "your connection name" /d ( again be sure to put the connection name in quotes)

This should 1. create your "connect" and "disconnect" buttons and the .bat files will allow the built-in ras dialer in windows to start or stop the connection pending on button pushed.

Hope this helps

Comment

ok you need to use rasdial...its the easiest way to connect to a phone modem (USB or bluetooth)

all you need to do is create a standard dial up connection using your phone as a modem...

Next is to create 2 batch files..just use notepad and when you save the file just make sure you put .bat at the end of it....I called my disconnect.bat and connect.bat

In the following examples..."NationalAccess - BroadbandAccess" is the name of my dial-up connection...change it to the name of your dial-up connection

connect.bat looks like this:
        Code:
        rasdial "NationalAccess - BroadbandAccess"
        and disconnect.bat looks like this:
        Code:
        rasdial "NationalAccess - BroadbandAccess" /d
        Next are the button codes....put the 2 batch files you made into your skins directory...

the code for the buttons are:
        Code:
        B,120,175,250,75,"RunQ;$SKINPATH$\connect.bat",
        and
        Code:
        B,440,174,250,75,"RunQ;$SKINPATH$\disconnect.bat",

that should do it...

.:[ x10's GMLAN ]:.

Sirius Channels Update

Comment

Originally posted by rsrblade View Post
          Dougw133 here's what my buddy and I did...
          haha...beat me to it...

Sirius Channels Update

Comment

quick screen shot

Comment

Well thanks a lot for all the help! I am going to try these right now.

Comment

Alright I have written the Bat Files and allocated the buttons... There is to be two buttons ? Connect and disconnect? I have written the bat files as you stated. My DUN name is "VZW" so that's what I put. The buttons come I know how to do that. Only problem is, Nothing happens...No attempt to dial. Will the DUN window actually open? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Dougw133 View Post
                  Alright I have written the Bat Files and allocated the buttons... There is to be two buttons ? Connect and disconnect? I have written the bat files as you stated. My DUN name is "VZW" so that's what I put. The buttons come I know how to do that. Only problem is, Nothing happens...No attempt to dial. Will the DUN window actually open? Thanks
                  You have to have the DUN always dial so to do that:

Open Internet Explorer
                  Click on Tools and then Internet Options
                  On the Internet Options window click on the Connections tab
                  Underneath your connection ("VZW") there will be 3 options:
                  • Never dial a connection
                  • Dial whenever a network connection is not present
                  • Always dial my default connection

Click the radio button next to Always dial my default connection and make sure it says Default next to "VZW"
                  Then click on Apply and then press OK

As far as showing you a connection screen....I'm almost positive it doesnt. It will just connect "behind the scene"...the only way you'll know if your connected is the Online Status indicator on the skin...DFX3 has it for sure up in the top left of the top window...

Sirius Channels Update

Comment

Found the problem... One of the files saved as text and not batch... It works great, thanks a lot. This makes this so much easier for me.

Comment

Trying an alternate way so I only need one button I created a "sendkey" Script with a vbs file extension. It sneds my chosen hotkey in Sp Dialer and works great. How do I get the button to run the script? I have placed the Script called "Connect(vbs) into the Skin folder. Here's what I tried and it didn't work.

"MyApp49","RunQ;$SKINPATH$\connect.vbs"

Comment

tried with and without VBS extension. Nothing yet

Comment

Here is how I made mine work with one button:
                          add these lines(or similar) to your exectbl.ini:
                          Code:
                          "BBCONNECT","RUNq;$RRPATH$\Connect.bat||SETVAR;BBCONNECTED;1||SETIND;!BBCONNECTIONSTATUS;ON"
                          "BBDISCONNECT","RUNq;$RRPATH$\Disconnect.bat||SETVAR;BBCONNECTED;0||SETIND;!BBCONNECTIONSTATUS;OFF"
                          And your button code would look something like this:
                          Code:
                          B,271,182,252,65,"BYVAR;BBCONNECTED;BBCONNECT<<BBDISCONNECT",
                          I also use an indicator to know when it's connected:
                          Code:
                          I,239,178,26,24,"!BBCONNECTIONSTATUS:b"
                          I just added the icon to menu_on.png
                          I know this method may get out of 'sync' because it just toggles, and doesn't actually know the status of the connection... I just don't know how to check to see if the connection was initiated.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Indicator LED and single button on/off, nice touch!

Comment

That's a great idea! Thank you. The one advantage I find using this PS Dialer is it does carry status in a way, audible status. I have wav file that says in a females voice "Connection Established, and "Goodbye" for disconnect. If I push to connect and it doesn't for some reaoson you will not here the wav, and if it disconnects for any reason it will say "Goodbye"

My method might not be the best way but I like it. If only I could get the Script VBS file to run when I push the button. I am missing the right command or something.

Thanks for the post I am going to write one and try it.

Comment

Working...
                              X