Dual Apps in one Skin Screen. How?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Apps in one Skin Screen. How?

I am using Road Runner with the DFX3 skin. I would like to be able to develop a screen that has GPS on the left half of the screen, and either the album art, or internet with traffic speeds, on the right half of the screen. I know that this would be 2 apps running on one screen. What do I need to do?

Thanks.
    CAR: 2007 G35 Sport Coupe 5AT
    HARDWARE: Dell D630 w/ dock, internal 80G HD, internal 320G HD, Verizon Wireless Card, iBlue GM-2 GPS w/iGuidance, OBDPros w/DashCommand, Visteon HD Radio w/ Home Made Cable, Current Version of RR w/ DFX Skin. My Install.

not sure how much can be done, gps and album art yes that should able to do, but i think dfx can do that in audio player skin,

but to external apps in 1 scr afraid not, not to my knowledge, unless a ai script can be done for 1 of them.
    Riderunner / Genesis
    Plugin Breaker in test BassRR Plugin Player, Wifiman_NET
    New Home for Genesis & BassRR :adding to site ,, Hellfyre night
    Bassrr Beta Release :Version 1.3.7
    Movie_info Release :Version 3.1.0
    Wifiman_NET:Version 1.0.0

Every Future, Needs A Beginning

Comment

Two apps in one screen is not natively possible in RR at present.

Skinbedder is the only option at the moment.

Having said that, you could try running two instances of RR.

or

maybe put a clip region in so the second application is visible through RR.

Comment

Do you have any experience with skinbedder. There does not seem to be much documentation.

Album art and gps are actually 2 seperate skins for the album browser. It works in dfx because gps is an app and music choice is a slider. Not 2 seperate apps.
        HARDWARE: Dell D630 w/ dock, internal 80G HD, internal 320G HD, Verizon Wireless Card, iBlue GM-2 GPS w/iGuidance, OBDPros w/DashCommand, Visteon HD Radio w/ Home Made Cable, Current Version of RR w/ DFX Skin. My Install.

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
          maybe put a clip region in so the second application is visible through RR.
          Yes, this works on my HTPC with two apps.

In audio_player would involve a apps. The apps area for the visu there will be no more. The call of the audio_players must be linked with the run of the apps.

or think I wrong?

Comment

[QUOTE=MacG;1236081]Yes, this works on my HTPC with two apps.

QUOTE]

How are you doing this with the clip region exactly?

Thanks.

Comment

The apps area embedded one apps at the second monitor and the clip area is the full screen at the first monitor. There run the apps DVBViewer as fullscreen.

Comment

Well I actually found out that Album Art is not an app but works off the J command which is... album art. So I can have 2 windows open at the same time. In other words, what I was trying to accomplish is not 2 apps at all.

Here is my final screen. The clock is not centered as the music control repeat and shuffle icons show up to the left of the clock when on. And to give credit where due, this is based on the DFX3 skin by JohnWPB.

Sitting here looking at this, I think it is my new favorite screen.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X