Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything grey - when i move the mouse over the buttons, the buttons come up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Everything grey - when i move the mouse over the buttons, the buttons come up

    First: Sorry for my bad english!
    I have problems with several skins. When I start RR there is only a grey background. When I move the mouse over the skin, the buttons come up. The skins are for example OMEGA or Digital FX.
    LSX Void, for example, works perfectly.

    Is there a known solution?

  • #2
    either flash, or background... background path for the skins u are using might be different.. check skin.ini or rr.ini for background path...

    Comment


    • #3
      its definitely the background.. you just declare a valid image in backgroundpath= in either skin.ini or rr.ini
      mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
      Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
      Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by brandensin View Post
        either flash, or background... background path for the skins u are using might be different.. check skin.ini or rr.ini for background path...
        Thats it!
        I changed that in the rr.ini. But forgot to change in skin.ini.
        Thx a lot!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          The real problem is the skinners not coding a default background to prevent this kind of thing. It's really not hard to add "background=RGBxxxxxx" to the skin.ini. It's not dependent on any background path that the user might have to set up. Then the end user just navigates on over to the background chooser, and selects the one they want.
          2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser TE
          Car PC Progress:
          Planning.......[---------X-] 95%
          Parts...........[---------X-] 90%
          Fabrication...[---------X-] 90%
          RR Skin........[---------X-] 95%
          View my
          Worklog
          Road Runner Skins
          Website
          Favorite thread EVER!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by monkeyracer View Post
            The real problem is the skinners not coding a default background to prevent this kind of thing. It's really not hard to add "background=RGBxxxxxx" to the skin.ini. It's not dependent on any background path that the user might have to set up. Then the end user just navigates on over to the background chooser, and selects the one they want.
            I think they have already a lot of work to do!
            But this could be the solution for the future.

            Comment


            • #7
              one line of code is a drop in the bucket for some of these skins really.

              With all the different ways to use the backgrounds (three different paths right now) and so many images to choose from, having an RGB default makes so much sense. When the skin user selects a background it codes it in rr.ini and/or skin.ini correctly.
              2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser TE
              Car PC Progress:
              Planning.......[---------X-] 95%
              Parts...........[---------X-] 90%
              Fabrication...[---------X-] 90%
              RR Skin........[---------X-] 95%
              View my
              Worklog
              Road Runner Skins
              Website
              Favorite thread EVER!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by monkeyracer View Post
                one line of code is a drop in the bucket for some of these skins really.

                With all the different ways to use the backgrounds (three different paths right now) and so many images to choose from, having an RGB default makes so much sense. When the skin user selects a background it codes it in rr.ini and/or skin.ini correctly.
                Then we should hope, that a lot of skinners read this thread!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  well just for a note.... or to cover my own a$$ so to speak

                  I put code in the latest DigitalFX installer, to pull the path where they choose to install the skin, and set that path to point the the backgrounds folder, and put the needed code in the skin.ini

                  It is difficult to put a path to wallpaper, as the line in the ini is unfortunately Hard coded, and you can not use $RRPATH$Backgrrounds/ for instance. The RGB color is a good work around as well though, as mentioned above.
                  Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

                  My Fiero Build Thread

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    the code you are talking about is a different way around it, but an RGB code is the easiest. I included a "set defaults" button in my mAv1c skin and in exectbl.ini to revert everything back to default before I upload a new update. Also, if something gets messed up, the end user can press that to revert to all the defaults.

                    I think it should just be built into RR that if a background that is referenced doesn't exist it defaults to an RGB color. Same with custom fonts. This might be a lot more work than just having us skinners put one extra line of code in the skin.ini.
                    2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser TE
                    Car PC Progress:
                    Planning.......[---------X-] 95%
                    Parts...........[---------X-] 90%
                    Fabrication...[---------X-] 90%
                    RR Skin........[---------X-] 95%
                    View my
                    Worklog
                    Road Runner Skins
                    Website
                    Favorite thread EVER!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X